Movies Database slow to load
I'm running XBMC (Eden Stable) on Mac 10.7.3 and on the ATV2.

Running SQL shared database for both from my QNAP Server.

This issue is occurring across both platforms.

My TV database opens fine, takes 11ms for 59 items (full TV shows).

My Movie database takes 237ms for 602 items.

Log file from my Mac: Mac Eden Log

Even accounting for the extra items this should take 112ms for my Movies to load. The problem is obviously worse on my ATV2 due to it's lesser performance.

I really can't think where to look for this problem, does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
237ms seems pretty fast to me. The time is not simply proportional to the number of items, so taking 11ms for 59 items doesn't mean 602 items takes 11*602/59.

JR
Thanks for the reply. Looking further into it, I think it may actually be longer on first access. I'm leaning towards it being more a NAS side issue, as accessing the movies folder via my MBP can be slow as well. It's not something I've noticed as I manage the files via ssh.

I think I'll give NFS a go and test the timings with that. It's definitely a more recent problem, but what with the XBMC updates and QNAP firmware updates it's hard to pinpoint where the problem started.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I also get very slow (comparatively) load times with an Sql database.
It only seems to happen the first time XBMC is run after boot or woken from hibernation mode (win 7 client).
Successive runs work at normal speed.

I haven't investigated at all yet as it doesn't really bother me, although it drives my wife berserk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Database slow to load0