Airplay + Eden problem. XBMC not discovered
Hi,

I am new to XBMC - just built my first HTPC using one of the guides on this forum, and I'm just loving XBMC so far. I had no idea such cool software existed.

Having installed the new Eden release I was looking forward to the AirPlay functionality, but I can't get it to work. My HTPC runs Win 7 64bit with Eden. I have installed the Bonjour service and I have enabled AirPlay and ZeroConf under settings still my Ipad 2 does not discover XBMC (I've been testing with the YouTube app). When I hit the airplay icon I only see "Ipad" and "Airport Express" (which I also have). The airplay works fine with the air port.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
xbmc.log would show us ... put it on pastebin.com and put the link here. Beside that it is important that the iDevice and the xbmc htpc are on the same network (same subnet) - else they won't "see" each other...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-27, 20:31)sreddy Wrote: Any ideas what the problem could be?

A similar issue was plaguing my home setup a while back. With everything in the house Windows based except for the iPhone I couldn't get the device to sync or homeshare over wifi to any wired PC. But it would sync/share with any other wifi connected hardware. Turns out it was my router (a Cisco 547W). The device didn't pass multicast (I think that's the right term - whatever the bonjour service is I suppose) between wifi and wired. A firmware update at the beginning of the year fixed this, and once applied everything just 'worked'.

I wouldn't immediately identify XBMC, Windows, or the Apple hardware as the fault.
What model modem/router do you have?
Thanks for the help guys it turned out to be a subnet issue. The reason i hadn't checked this was that AirVideo for some reason was working fine despite the different subnets.
so sorted now?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes, thanks again! Have tried from both YouTube app, Pictures app and ITunes and it works. Only mirroring does not work, but I can read that that is feature not supported yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay + Eden problem. XBMC not discovered1