• 3(current)
Metropolis Development
Thank you Steve for taking the time to test this for me. I was just now able to get it working correctly. I disabled Weather Plus, then went in and manually deleted everything that had to do with that addon, now it works. However I want the icons like you have. mine look like cartoon icons. Also, I will miss Weather Plus, as it has a hundred time the info/options that the default weather underground has.

(2012-05-01, 12:42)Steveb Wrote: Well I just tested every city you mentioned and had no problems with the skin. I can see why this would be very annoying for you being a weather buff with his/her own weather station Wink
But this is very strange, I have the same set-up - Win7 64 Ultimate plus XBMC 11.0 Eden. I also switched to a USA Region just to be sure and also tried a few zip codes from around your location but could not reproduce your problem.
Maybe someone else could verify this for you, or you could ask ronie for advice over at the weather underground thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116668.

(2012-05-01, 18:43)hdmax Wrote: Thank you Steve for taking the time to test this for me. I was just now able to get it working correctly. I disabled Weather Plus, then went in and manually deleted everything that had to do with that addon, now it works. However I want the icons like you have. mine look like cartoon icons. Also, I will miss Weather Plus, as it has a hundred time the info/options that the default weather underground has.

You can download the icons here:

http://code.google.com/p/jezzxbmc/downlo...on_Set.zip

The weather icons Im using are the default xbmc icons that were upgraded with eden thanks to Mominur Rahman, I just coded the MyWeather.xml to use the default icons and deleted the set in the extras folder.

DL MyWeather.xml

EDIT Also to change the icon above the time & date to use the default icons you need to edit the <include name="Global_Time"> located in the includes.xml.

Change:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <!-- <include>Animation_FadedByMenu</include>
    <include>Animation_OpenCloseFade</include> -->
    <posx>1145</posx>
    <posy>517</posy>
    <width>30</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <texture>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode),special://skin/extras/weather_icons/,.png]</texture>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideClockTemp) + Weather.IsFetched</visible>
</control>

To:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>1145</posx>
    <posy>517</posy>
    <width>30</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <info>Window(Weather).Property(Current.ConditionIcon)</info>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideClockTemp) + Weather.IsFetched</visible>
</control>

Any chance of getting the advanced features for Weather Underground enabled Huh

10 day forecast
hourly forecast
weekend forecast
36 hour forecast
yesterday's weather
weather alerts
animated radar images
(2012-05-02, 02:57)ialand Wrote: Any chance of getting the advanced features for Weather Underground enabled Huh

10 day forecast
hourly forecast
weekend forecast
36 hour forecast
yesterday's weather
weather alerts
animated radar images

Yep Smile These features are not in the main repo yet, but already had a look at 0.1.4 and looks good, working on this as I type..Wink
(2012-05-02, 03:25)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 02:57)ialand Wrote: Any chance of getting the advanced features for Weather Underground enabled Huh

10 day forecast
hourly forecast
weekend forecast
36 hour forecast
yesterday's weather
weather alerts
animated radar images

Yep Smile These features are not in the main repo yet, but already had a look at 0.1.4 and looks good, working on this as I type..Wink

Outstanding! There is only one other (well two) features I wish would make it in..

1. (this is in ICON view) On the sub-entries for each option, would like to be able to turn them on/off (ie. for TV, I generally only look at 'Recent' and "Update Library', would be nice to not have the others show (seen this on other skins)
2. My severe lefthandedness Smile would be nice to be able to flip the bottom left/right corners (ie. time et.al. in the bottom left, other stuff in the bottom right)
Bluray/DVD covers anyone? This mod is a bit big to post, but you can grab it from my repo mod named Megalopolis..
It has some other sfuff in there as well Watchlist/random support, xbmc lyrics/subs, solo artwork download from custom extras window, rss editor + more.

https://github.com/Steveb1968/skin.megalopolis

Watchlist
@Steveb - if you want to send a pull request I'll merge your updates in...

@jingai - All of your pull requests have been merged - huge thanks!
-stoli-
I am now using Megalopolis, it is very nice! Great work, thanks.
Steveb, if you made a proper fork of Stoli's repo and used branches for your patches, you'd have a much better chance of getting your changes included in the official skin via pull requests as Stoli mentioned.

I'll go through what you've done now to try to get it into the official repo, but you're going to have a hard time keeping up with changes to the official repo this way, which inevitably will lead to conflicts with other patches as time goes on. Rather a lot has already happened since you cloned the repo on Apr 17, making it so I have to go through your patches by hand to make sure they don't squash other fixes.

Of course, if you just want to maintain your own version of the skin, that's fine as well. IMHO it's best not to bifurcate the user-base, but it's your prerogative of course.
Quote:Steveb, if you made a proper fork of Stoli's repo and used branches for your patches, you'd have a much better chance of getting your changes included in the official skin via pull requests as Stoli mentioned.

I'll go through what you've done now to try to get it into the official repo, but you're going to have a hard time keeping up with changes to the official repo this way, which inevitably will lead to conflicts with other patches as time goes on. Rather a lot has already happened since you cloned the repo on Apr 17, making it so I have to go through your patches by hand to make sure they don't squash other fixes.

Of course, if you just want to maintain your own version of the skin, that's fine as well. IMHO it's best not to bifurcate the user-base, but it's your prerogative of course.

I created the repo for my friends and family to keep up with my mod. I posted it mainly to share/introduce stoli to some ideas I had come up with. Pushing so many patches can become difficult for the developer to review properly and make sure it is the best practice. Wink and the way I have gone about certain things is totally different.
For example the way hidden views has been implemented. The fixedlist/panel/wraplist is hidden within the view in metropolis, I have disabled the whole view from the MyVideoNav.xml.
No disrespect intended but I think I'll just plod along with my own mod, My build is much older than you might think Wink(its from when Amra first made his repo available) with some of stoli's patches added.
Like I said previous I was meaning to share some ideas, so feel free to use any you like.
(2012-05-04, 01:24)Steveb Wrote: I created the repo for my friends and family to keep up with my mod. I posted it mainly to share/introduce stoli to some ideas I had come up with. Pushing so many patches can become difficult for the developer to review properly and make sure it is the best practice. Wink and the way I have gone about certain things is totally different.
For example the way hidden views has been implemented. The fixedlist/panel/wraplist is hidden within the view in metropolis, I have disabled the whole view from the MyVideoNav.xml.

I understand now, but you're posting in a thread that is about Metropolis development, not Megalopolis development. If you want to fork the skin, you're free to do so, but by posting it here and offering it to users you're just bifurcating the userbase of Stoli's skin.

It wasn't clear at all from your original post that you weren't working off of Stoli's repo.

(2012-05-04, 01:24)Steveb Wrote: No disrespect intended but I think I'll just plod along with my own mod, My build is much older than you might think Wink(its from when Amra first made his repo available) with some of stoli's patches added.
Like I said previous I was meaning to share some ideas, so feel free to use any you like.

Most or all of these ideas are already listed as Issues on his github repo and people like myself are working to correct/add them to Metropolis. By selecting the most-desired issues and forking the skin you're simply going to attract users to your fork which IMHO isn't fair to Stoli.
(2012-05-04, 02:49)jingai Wrote:
(2012-05-04, 01:24)Steveb Wrote: I created the repo for my friends and family to keep up with my mod. I posted it mainly to share/introduce stoli to some ideas I had come up with. Pushing so many patches can become difficult for the developer to review properly and make sure it is the best practice. Wink and the way I have gone about certain things is totally different.

I understand now, but you're posting in a thread that is about Metropolis development, not Megalopolis development. If you want to fork the skin, you're free to do so, but by posting it here and offering it to users you're just bifurcating the userbase of Stoli's skin.

It wasn't clear at all from your original post that you weren't working off of Stoli's repo.

(2012-05-04, 01:24)Steveb Wrote: No disrespect intended but I think I'll just plod along with my own mod, My build is much older than you might think Wink(its from when Amra first made his repo available) with some of stoli's patches added.

Most or all of these ideas are already listed as Issues on his github repo and people like myself are working to correct/add them to Metropolis. By selecting the most-desired issues and forking the skin you're simply going to attract users to your fork which IMHO isn't fair to Stoli.

I was trying to help Metropolis development by sharing some of my mods and ideas, if you don't like that, that's fair enough, don't use them! As far as bifurcating the user-base, I've only mentioned my build Megalopolis once in all the time stoli has been developing the skin and that was because of the size of the mods in question. My build is not officially posted anywhere on this forum and If your worried about people using my mod, that's pretty petty and I'm sorry you feel that way.

(2012-05-04, 03:28)Steveb Wrote: I was trying to help Metropolis development by sharing some of my mods and ideas, if you don't like that, that's fair enough, don't use them!

Nobody said anyone didn't like that. It's that it's very difficult to use your mods in the official repo as they are because you're not collaborating with other developers of the skin.

(2012-05-04, 03:28)Steveb Wrote: As far as bifurcating the user-base, I've only mentioned my build Megalopolis once in all the time stoli has been developing the skin and that was because of the size of the mods in question. My build is not officially posted anywhere on this forum and If your worried about people using my mod, that's pretty petty and I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm really not trying to be rude. It's exactly the size of your mods and the fact that we can't properly diff against the official repo that is the issue. I can't use your patches directly because you're working off of some version of the code that you're not disclosing.

Again, if you want to publicly maintain your own fork that is your prerogative. I don't have to agree with that, though. I personally think it's better to push changes upstream so everyone is on the same page.

You shared your fork on this thread -- the Metropolis Development thread -- so I think on some level that means you want people to use it. I don't think this is the right thread to do that on, is all.
Just sent a pull request to Stoli. I've added a new toggle option in the settings that will allow the use of the Realistic Weather icons instead of the default Metropolis weather icons.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0