IPAD Video Calibration
It is impossible for me to find a way to adjust ...Any help appreciated.Sad
phileas50 Wrote:It is impossible for me to find a way to adjust ...Any help appreciated.Sad

Why/what do you need to adjust ? All iPads are the same (right now) and I see no need to diddle with this.
I think (based on my experience) the issue may be one of confusion...

At least the first time that I opened the latest (released Feb 6th) release of XBMC iPad, I noticed that, should it open in portrait orientation, the interface does not necessarily scale correctly when rotating it to landscape orientation. I had to close the app (and kill the background icon from the background manager) and reopen in landscape - all was well.

Phileas - Davilla is of course correct on this one re. all iPads same but, FYI - if you must, going to System/Settings/System/Calibrate Displays, you can drag the upper RH and lower LH corners to calibrate. Again, this should not be necessary.
portrait orientation is experimental and might be causing some issue. it might get removed in a future version.
Thanks, Davilla. Also a big thanks to the entire team for the fantastic work you are doing.

FWIW - I'm not seeing much utility in the portrait orientation, but I do like the option to display the iPad in portrait at either + or - 180 degrees.
You are of course correct. Shutdown and restart the app and everything come back to normal.Thanks everybody for your precious help.
Sorry to resurect an old thread...

I have much the same question.

I have a Gen1 iPad, running v11/Eden.

The iPad screen is not a 16x9 display, but the default skin (Confluence) is made to display in 16x9.

As a result, the displayed information (backgrounds, text, etc.) seems compressed horizontally.

If I attempt to use the video calibration setting to adjust the display to a true 16x9, it will not do so.

So:

1) Is it possible to make that type of change, and am I just doing it wrong? or,
2) Should I ask the dev team to add to Confluence a correctly iPad tuned screen?

Thanks!

neither of both Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
u tried the touched skin i stead? it was made for ipad and iphone in mind (its even the default skin on a fresh install...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-02, 23:12)Memphiz Wrote: neither of both Smile

Yeah, that's me, ever the optimist.

(2012-04-02, 23:13)Memphiz Wrote: u tried the touched skin i stead? it was made for ipad and iphone in mind (its even the default skin on a fresh install...)

Well... learn something new every day. Big Grin

I'll have to give this a try, but I can tell you that (being from the old XBOX days) I like to see those settings icons again.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPAD Video Calibration0