• 25(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-06-19, 15:57)fievel Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 05:18)Ned Scott Wrote: Awesome. I recently ordered a PineRiver Mini X, but have yet to hear anyone attempting anything with that specific unit. I'm hoping it either just works like the other A10 set top boxes, or isn't far behind. Worst comes to worse, just having android on it isn't too bad.

Hello,

Have you received the device ? I'm interested in this device too and I'm asking myself if xbmc works on it or at least if the embedded android can be rooted (to mount nfs share on it).

Not yet, and I suspect it will be another few weeks since it is coming from dx's China warehouse.
(2012-06-19, 15:44)davy39 Wrote: Could anyone explain to me what that mean ?

Quote:We've set up a GitHub repository at: https://github.com/Miniand/mk802-u-boot-config

Forum user Toby Corkindale has contributed 1080p 50hz support to the config. Thanks Toby!

We'll be looking to use this updated config to update the stock image to make available to MK802 users in the immediate future. Any contributions to the config to improve support is welcomed.
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/22

It means they finally figured out the basic stuff like evb.bin Rofl
Wow, very nice, just noticed zero frame drops on the playback. Would be nice to see a 1080p version playing to see how many frames that drops.
Do you guys think it capable of doing proper 23.976hz playback in the future ?
(2012-06-19, 19:47)Jönke Wrote: Do you guys think it capable of doing proper 23.976hz playback in the future ?

repeat 1 frame every 29 frames, and 1 frame every 59 frames Smile

Edited for clarity.
Brokencodes, i'm not following you ?
(2012-06-19, 19:47)Jönke Wrote: Do you guys think it capable of doing proper 23.976hz playback in the future ?

23.976 hz is not supported in the display driver, but the source is just there so that can be changed.
(2012-06-19, 07:58)gimli Wrote:

Thanks for the update :Smile

Speaking of the performance side, this should be a 2160P with 3D(no idea how) decoder, 4k monitors are not very common, and i bet 2160p resolution is not supported in the driver, but is what it say in the A10 specs, unless the specs are not accurate.
I'd just be happy with plain old 1080p release..........and really looking forward to it being release don the mele box to see what it's capable of Smile
Didnt see any post of this yet, maybe it will help or not. Thought I'd atleast post it :-)

http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-r...rivers.php
yeah that was posted a while back.
(2012-06-20, 07:51)Shivansps Wrote: Thanks for the update :Smile

Speaking of the performance side, this should be a 2160P with 3D(no idea how) decoder, 4k monitors are not very common, and i bet 2160p resolution is not supported in the driver, but is what it say in the A10 specs, unless the specs are not accurate.

2160p can probably be tested with decoding 4 times 1080p at the same time as the amount of processed Megapixels is then the same as 2160p. Or can you not use the math like this Big Grin

Anyway, I think 99.99 procent of all people would be satisfied with "just" 1080p decoding. Wink

I don't think 4x1080p can be a representation of the capabilities for 2160p decoding. It's not just pixels that count.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I do want 1080P, but it will be nice to know if the 2160P support is real. As well how 3D movie support is supposed to work.
I'm also interested on the 3d movie playback side of things, as I plan on buying a 3d tv at some point. For mr the dream is openelec, 3d, smooth playback at 1080p

On a side note, I noticed that Ebuyer have a media player with cortex A9 and Mali400 which looks
I've it could make a good candidate for xbmc when dev work is complete, and it seems fairly cheap.

http://www.ebuyer.com/388070-sumvision-c...nenanoslim-
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15