Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-05-18, 13:52)j1nx Wrote: Yes!

All Allwinner tablets are booting U-Boot from sd-card as primary boot. So that basically means that if you insert a proper prepared sd card into any Allwinner device it will boot from that card.

The only issue with tablets is that they have other hardware attached to (screen / Touch screen / etc.) If you want to use the touch screen and all you will need to have those drivers aswell.

Now as I can judge from the sideline. The sources released by QWare consists a LOT of this extra drivers (if not all).

It is not very wise to use the tablets as development boards. Allthough you can get a UART console out of the sdcard reader, then you can not boot from it and vica versa.

I would advise to wait a bit. We just figured out we have almost everything for a proper 3d support in X11. So with a bit of effort we could have a proper X11 envirnoment with openGLES. (mali.ko and ump.ko are compiled from sources. mali_drm.ko is almost done and we have all closed source library files from ARM as well)

Then it is only a matter to create a player utilizing the VPU from allwinner.

Give it some time and you would be able to download disk images ready to boot.

Well, if HDMI output with XBMC works then I'm happy haha. It's more like: why would I order a mediaplayer in China if a tablet from a local shop can do the same for a few more bucks?
I'm planning to use it as a Live TV client. I suppose HD channels won't work but we'll see.
Keep up the good work Big Grin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by Snippo - 2012-05-18, 17:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15