• 13(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-06-04, 07:22)doniv Wrote: Here's another Mali-400MP based product running Android 4.0 ICS - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4848...f=category

Wow that almost seems like a scam being on kickstarter, you can pre-order an All Winner A10 Android stick from here for $76 with free shipping, that guy on kickstarter is asking for $110 including shipping & at retail it will be $160!.
(2012-06-04, 10:27)Starstream Wrote: Wow that almost seems like a scam being on kickstarter, you can pre-order an All Winner A10 Android stick from here for $76 with free shipping, that guy on kickstarter is asking for $110 including shipping & at retail it will be $160!.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that's a Cortex-A8 device, so it wouldn't be supported. Similar to the Noontec A9 http://www.kitguru.net/networking/henry-...box-review won't be supported either.
Code/compile differences between Cortex-A8 and Cortex-A9 are essentially zero. It does not matter which flavor armv7 is present.
The thread is "Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP" so there shouldn’t be any other talk about RPi or other devices that don't have Mali400's.
Huh? e8hffff I think most of things mentioned do have Mali400 and if someone mentions something similar to compare against, then there are no rules against this. So relax and stop flaming on the thread
Does the Allwinner A10 support HDMI CEC (from the hardware) ?

thanks
(2012-06-04, 14:39)d1dd1 Wrote: Does the Allwinner A10 support HDMI CEC (from the hardware) ?

thanks
Yes Big Grin
(2012-06-04, 07:22)doniv Wrote: Here's another Mali-400MP based product running Android 4.0 ICS - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4848...f=category

Once this one runs XBMC I'll buy 10 at once!

Edit: Correction... Al buy ten of these Big Grin -> http://www.asiapads.com/product_info.php...ts_id=2246

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I'd get the 1gb ram version of the mk802, as it's nice to have a bit extra ram
Thumbs Up 
I've just ordered 3 mk802's with 1G of Ram each. Nice Chinese lady told me they're sold -out and that they've got toddlers working on them right now! Looking forward to seeing these puppies in action, looks like its just a matter of time before XBMC will be able to load up on one of these Pocket TV's!

Can't wait for it! Where do I donate for this excellent cause?

(2012-06-04, 20:55)madRussian777 Wrote: --they've got toddlers working on them right now!

Can't wait for it! Where do I donate for this excellent cause?
how about some sort of Human Rights organisation? Smile
Everybody know the exemplarity of China for promoting human rights...
Dealing with this subject, does someone know if there are projects which aim ecologic and fairtrade electronic ?
I'm sure that I'm not the only guy who will accept to pay twice for my multimedia board.
However I hope to be able to be soonly able to use a 5W allwiner based tablet PC with debian/ubnuntu/openelec ;-)
let's try and leave politics & humanitarian topics out of this discussion. If you want to talk about those, then there are plenty of other sites to choose from. Let's keep this focused on Mali400 based devices.

Speaking of which has anyone heard of any updates on the open source drivers that were released ( Lima & Mali Developers ) as I'm curious to find out how the devs are getting on.
(2012-06-05, 00:18)Ribuck Wrote: let's try and leave politics & humanitarian topics out of this discussion. If you want to talk about those, then there are plenty of other sites to choose from. Let's keep this focused on Mali400 based devices.

Speaking of which has anyone heard of any updates on the open source drivers that were released ( Lima & Mali Developers ) as I'm curious to find out how the devs are getting on.

Last update; I wrote on my blog. (www.j1nx.nl) Luc Verhaegen is now also aware of the Mele Ax000. He dropped by into the Arm-netbook IRC channel the other day. A release time could not be given, it depends on how much time he can and is allowed to spent on the Lima project.

Allwinner, finally sorted out the license issue with the released sources. They are working on correcting everything now, so it is legal to use and distribute the kernels.

The ARM mali drivers has just today been updated to the latest version of the 8th of May. As you can also read on the update; Tom Cubie is working on releasing armhf versions of the latest GLES libraries and is looking on releasing the X11 driver (although not really needed for XBMC)

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what are the licenses that all winner had to sort out used for ? I thought open source was license free and that both the lima and Mali developers drivers wouldn't require any legal framework.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15