• 23(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
This is no Android discussion thread. If you wanna talk about android do it in a seperate thread or forum. thx
A new board
http://gooseberry.atspace.co.uk/
I suggest that until Gimli does't tell us more about the state of the art of hardware acceleration, we all speak about everything exept XBMC Tongue
Davy, i think our real hope lies with Tom Cubie and J1nx, but we'll have to wait and see, but i can't see a release happening anytime soon
OK, flash cant be used too, i tryied using the libflashplayer.so from Android but, while it is a ARM file, it seems to need the android file system and libs Sad
Tom Cubie is the one who sent Gimli a Mele A1000 to play around with.
Hi ned, I thought Tom was doing a lot of work on the drivers ?? and i thought J1nx has contributed a lot or is J1nx just working on OpenElec ?
I'm not sure on the specifics, but many people are needed for a successful port. Different programming specialties are often needed, and time is also a factor.
And about A10 decoding capabilities, if there is any dubt...
(2012-06-18, 04:06)Shivansps Wrote: What is needed in order to bring GPU Acceleration to X-Server? mali.ko?

Its probably a lot more complicated than that.

A DDX interface.
There is a software blob that is produced specifically for our SoC, (Allwinner Sun4i) that is used by the opensource X11 driver to talk to the Mali GPU. Arm keeps this under tight NDA for some reason.
we have the sourcecode for mali.ko, thats not the DDX blob.
Wink 
Nice! Wink
Very nice gimli! Thanks for the effort!!!
awsom.... Smile guess other than the proprietary drivers rest should be going smooth. thanks for the effort
Well i'll eat my hat now as i wasn't expecting to see anything arriving anytime soon. Gimli, i take my hat off to you sir Smile
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15