• 26(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-06-21, 18:56)Ribuck Wrote: I'm also interested on the 3d movie playback side of things, as I plan on buying a 3d tv at some point. For mr the dream is openelec, 3d, smooth playback at 1080p

On a side note, I noticed that Ebuyer have a media player with cortex A9 and Mali400 which looks
I've it could make a good candidate for xbmc when dev work is complete, and it seems fairly cheap.

http://www.ebuyer.com/388070-sumvision-c...nenanoslim-

Nice box, but since it's not an allwinner A10 is there not a big change they have a different VPU. If I understand correctly the video decoding in the A10 is done by a VPU (cedarX library) and not by the mali400.
Or is that vpu part of the mali400? I understood it was part of the allwinner a10 SoC and not the mali400.
I'm not sure if the All Winner A10 supports H.264 MVC which is the codec used in 3D Blu-ray's, you can do the x264 SBS stuff for sure. I tried playing a MVC trailer under it's Android player and it falls back to CPU decoding.

Update: Turned out it was the network link as videos were so small I didn't think initially it would an issue, I copied the video to local storage and it played fine so it looks like it can handle 3D MVC videos.

The sumvision boxes are using Amlogic 8726-M1 chipset.
The only thing i find to do a test is this http://uploading.com/files/2bca5m7a/mvc-test.ssif/
But but i cant find a way to playback in 3D mode, it just plays in 2D, its a 32mbps file and it plays OK in hardware mode

BTW, 8726-M1 are not a good choice over A10.
(2012-06-02, 03:12)snappy173 Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 12:57)s7mx1 Wrote: Looks like its running on the single core AML8726-M. Can't wait to see XBMC running devices powered by dual core AML8726-MX.

wow this is really exciting! thanks so much for your hard work!!!

i have a box with the same hardware ... need to wire up the uart leads and get that serial console spun up. would love to see some more details on how you got this done as i'm pretty rusty with this stuff!

finally got the serial-to-usb wired up and i am able to get the output to the serial console when i boot, so hopefully i'll be booting linux onto this thing soon
I am not aware of a way to get an external bluetooth adapter to work on the Mele A1000.

I have two different ones and neither works so far.

You probably need to enable support for it in your kernel config. And before people start pointing out:
yes I'm sorry ... this has nothing to do with running xbmc on A10, but I didn't ask the question, just want to help
I have Bluetooth keyboard working on the mele under android and Linux. My keyboard uses micro USB Bluetooth dongle.

My Keyboard is a Logitech K400.
K400 isn't a bluetooth keyboard. It uses Logitechs own wireless technology.
USB Wireless keyboards work without problems, but bluetooth doesn't as you don't see the bluetooth tab in the android settings.
Anyway let's not talk about bt devices As it is kind of thread jacking again d1dd1
(2012-06-22, 19:50)Ribuck Wrote: Anyway let's not talk about bt devices As it is kind of thread jacking again d1dd1

Youre the one who brought it up -___-, and hes right that device isnt bt. Has anyone with an a10 device been able to get audio to work over HDMI? I would love to use my mk802 for xbmc, but im afraid im not sure how to get any sound out of the HDMI cable
Rainbow 
(2012-06-07, 14:10)jompan87 Wrote: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/07/mk802...pressions/

Smile

Engadget ;) Wrote:In use, the only difference to a tablet
flavor of Android is the mouse part. In the
main it's no problem, and you soon get used
to it, but apps where touch -- especially of
the "multi" variety -- might not translate
so well.

(2012-06-22, 18:37)Ribuck Wrote: My Keyboard is a Logitech K400.

of course this is not 100% on topic, but i can certainly argue some validity. Ribuck, does the OS recognise the multitouch points of your device? just a very brief answer, please

update: thanks for PMing me the answer
Rainbow 
(2012-05-30, 15:39)kingmob Wrote: This is exactly what I've been waiting for, so I'll join the crowd and say that this is going to be awesome Wink
I'm imagining xbmc-htpcs the size of pendrives Big Grin Just load is with some movies, use a USB-disk or connect it via wifi when you take it to parents/friends/girlfriend/whatever and enjoy.

also, connect to MicroVision products as alternatives.

for example,
brochure | image 1 | image 2

xbmc is legendary and very much appreciated
I created a new thread to keep this one clean of any further android discussions Wink :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134559
(2012-06-22, 20:53)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 19:50)Ribuck Wrote: Anyway let's not talk about bt devices As it is kind of thread jacking again d1dd1

Youre the one who brought it up -___-, and hes right that device isnt bt. Has anyone with an a10 device been able to get audio to work over HDMI? I would love to use my mk802 for xbmc, but im afraid im not sure how to get any sound out of the HDMI cable

Actually If you bothered to read the thread properly you'll see I didn't bring it up at all, I just relied to questions about bt, so get your facts right before you start flaming people
Rainbow 
(2012-06-22, 20:53)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Has anyone with an a10 device been able to get audio to work over HDMI? I would love to use my mk802 for xbmc, but im afraid im not sure how to get any sound out of the HDMI cable

audio over HDMI does work (as would be expected). eg jompan87 has just reported her/his experience here
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15