• 31(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-03, 01:34)minibeardeath Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 23:34)gabrielbsb Wrote: Guys, it comes with a remote so I think it has an IR receiver embed, right? So can I use my Logitech Harmony remote to control it? And what about dual boot? Dual boot android/xbmc would be nice, xbmc for everything and android for netflix Smile
I was going to buy the MK802, it's cheaper, smaller a have 1gb ram, but this Mele A1000 seems to be a more solid device.

On the pineriver mini-x I have had trouble getting the Logitech to recognize the remote control that came with the device. I believe that the Mele devices have a different remote than the mini-x, so you might get lucky. If you do order a device, setting it up as a PVR in the Harmony software seems to yield a result for a matching remote. However as before, this will be totally different for the Mele device which uses a different IR sensor.
But I think that remote is to control android stuff, isn't it? I'm going to use it with xbmc/linux, so I will have to program it with PC commands. Actually, I never programmed my remote to work with my PC, but I think it works like this.
BTW thanks for your reply.
(2012-07-02, 23:34)gabrielbsb Wrote: Guys, it comes with a remote so I think it has an IR receiver embed, right? So can I use my Logitech Harmony remote to control it? And what about dual boot? Dual boot android/xbmc would be nice, xbmc for everything and android for netflix Smile
I was going to buy the MK802, it's cheaper, smaller a have 1gb ram, but this Mele A1000 seems to be a more solid device.
I have a Logitech Harmony One remote and I set it up to work with my Mele A2000. The Logitech software didn't recognise the remote in its database so I had to manually enter all the buttons. I did create a profile for it so maybe you will end up downloading the one I made! I've only used it a few times but it does need a bit of work as the buttons are pretty sluggish compared to the original remote.

Installed ICS on it using the official image and it all went fine. I couldn't get MX Player with the ARM stuff or Mobo player to run properly. I'll give MX player another go though as I did read something a few posts up that suggests that actually does work for some people. I screwed up the ICS image upgrade initially because I had plugged my SD card into the USB card reader, copied the image over and then unplugged the USB reader. I then plugged that into the Mele box. See what I did there? Or more like what I didn't do. Didn't take the SD card out of the USB card reader. The update process doesn't happen if you use USB, has to be the memory card directly. The funny thing was, I'd read about that fact before I started and was going "WTF, it is on an SD card!". Definitely a time for sleep moment.

I noticed with both the original OS and ICS that the device seems to forget my audio hardware selection when rebooted. It remembers it from standby mode but if I disconnect the power completely and turn it back on it defaults back to HDMI. I use an optical cable for my audio. The audio isn't working properly either or it could be due to me not getting any of the video players to work properly but there was no audio for any of the movies and the sound source switched to stereo. Not bothered in the slightest though since I expect Android won't be on it for long Smile

Sorry to be a bit off track, I just saw the question and thought I'd post the answer.
(2012-07-03, 03:15)gabrielbsb Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 01:34)minibeardeath Wrote:

On the pineriver mini-x I have had trouble getting the Logitech to recognize the remote control that came with the device. I believe that the Mele devices have a different remote than the mini-x, so you might get lucky. If you do order a device, setting it up as a PVR in the Harmony software seems to yield a result for a matching remote. However as before, this will be totally different for the Mele device which uses a different IR sensor.
But I think that remote is to control android stuff, isn't it? I'm going to use it with xbmc/linux, so I will have to program it with PC commands. Actually, I never programmed my remote to work with my PC, but I think it works like this.
BTW thanks for your reply.
AFAIK infrared remote controls are actually tied to the sensor hardware. The normal way these things work is the remote sends a binary code in infrared, the hardware sensor then decodes the binary into the corresponding button, and the driver tells the OS what the command is. This is why you must program the universal Remote with the it signals rather then programing the receiver. This means that the IRS will only work with xbmc if the property drivers are included. If you have the mele this will not likely be a problem as I'm pretty sure gimli has one as well. It might be more of an issue for the with the pineriver mini-x because I'm not sure that any of the devs have one. You will still need to program the mele remote into the harmony remote for it to work properly.
Is the hardware OpenGL ES actually working?

EDIT: nop it still shows the mesa gles renderer...

ANd i cant build mali driver because it says i dont have xorg-macros... it seems like i need to get and compile those too.
(2012-06-29, 13:37)Ribuck Wrote: Maiza, that's the only taboo question you aren't allowed to ask' and the answer will always be "when it's done". The devs are working hard to port to several platforms using the Mali chip, and I guess it bugs them when people keep asking how long it will take.

Must feel like being in a car with kids who keep asking "Are we there yet" every 2 mins lol Wink
sorry everybody.

i installed the last ics image, and i only get audio not image, on any video.
Set the display mode to 1080p instead of 720p.
Use this thread for android questions next time:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134559&page=3
Maiza, there are loads of evg.bin files posted on the net to set output to 1080p for hdmi. Just copy that to your sd card then reflash your mele box and you'll be sorted.
I recently installed a certain icy app Wink on my mele box running android ics, and I was very surprised to see that it was streaming / decoding 720p flawlessly without having mali400 hardware drivers.

Just goes to show the power of the allwinner A10 even without the mali400 hardware acceleration.
mali has squat to do with hardware decoders. mali is rendering, not decoding.
Sorry if that question is a bit stupid but i don´t understand some things.

I read something about the Mele A1000, but that isn´t a Allwinner A10, or is it?

I thought it is a ARM Cortex A8 1GHz. And i thought that xbmc is allready ported to ARM or isn´t it?

Or is Allwinner based on ARM? I try to read out a lot but i don´t understand it completly.

Thanks

Edit. By the way. Is the A13 similar to A10? So when it would be possible to run xbmc with an A10 i can run it on an A13 too? Maybe there are some experience by the dev´s allready and someone could give an answer.
Thank you very much. Now it´s clear to me Smile

So i read some blogs now and understand some small parts of the problems.

I have to read a lot but will buy a Allwinner an play around with it or test some kernels/builds or just using the git.
The A13 is specced as identical to the A10, without an HDMI transiever or PHY.
My understanding (from reading j1nx's posts and blog) is the A13 is the A10 without some of the I/O features (HDMI, SATA to name two).

Happy to be corrected though Smile
I found the j1nx blog some minutes ago. Very interesting.

I tought A13 should be better than A10 but i think thats wrong. A10 has more features so it should be more interesting for me.
If you want to take a very high-level view, A10 is generally for STBs, A13 for tablets. There are exceptions of course.

I concur with you hans, the A10 is certainly more interesting, particularly Mele's implementation (A1000/2000) as it has all the features exposed.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15