Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
J1nx, not it's not sold yet, but I really can't see any a10 other than the pivios getting hardware acceleration any time soon. Whilst it's good news in some sense, I think it's bad news in others. I know gimli has put in a lot of hard work, but xbmc devs working for a sole manufacturer just feels like a bit of a conflict of interest and goes against the ethos of xbmc bing open source, as I would imagine that they have agreed with pivios not to work on other competitor platforms like mele so that the pivios can remain exclusive and sell lots of units.

Just feels like they have sold out to the highest bidder as it were, and have left the rest Of us a10 owners in the dark, which doesn't feel right especially when they have had other boxes like the mele etc donated, but have deliberately not developed for them and strung people along whilst all the time in the background secretly working on the pivios.

No doubt I'll probably get flamed and kicked from the forum for the comments, or the post will be deleted and that's fair enough As I had to express my view.

As a message to gimli & xbmc team, I mean no disrespect and I know you guys work hard and I do appreciate your hard work as I use xbmc on my pc, so please don't take my comments as a personal attack as they aren't meant to be, I am just expressing my feeling about the hardware acceleration being done for a sole manufacturer which I don't agree with for a open source app.

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by Ribuck - 2012-07-15, 11:41

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?4.1315