Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-15, 11:41)Ribuck Wrote: As a message to gimli & xbmc team, I mean no disrespect and I know you guys work hard and I do appreciate your hard work as I use xbmc on my pc, so please don't take my comments as a personal attack as they aren't meant to be, I am just expressing my feeling about the hardware acceleration being done for a sole manufacturer which I don't agree with for a open source app.

I you buy the devs all the different kinds of hardware that is out there it will go a lot faster to support hardware acceleration for different kind of boxes.

Development has been done on a Pivos box but that doesn't mean it will be restricted to that. As clearly stated in the press release that the source code has been made public so a lot of eyes can look at the code and perhaps some non team dev can submit patches to support more hardware. The true meaning of open source..

(2012-07-15, 12:19)Ribuck Wrote: d1dd1,
I don't have any information, it's just an opinion. I just think if pivios has invested in the development of xbmc for their device, it's very unlikely they are going to want gimli to develop for other competitor platforms, which is a bit of a disappointment.
Nobody owns gimli (except his wife perhaps Tongue )
So he can develop/work on what he wants
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by Martijn - 2012-07-15, 13:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15