Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-15, 17:22)davilla Wrote: Pivos funded to have XBMC ported, period. And with full knowledge that the source code would go open source and be used by others to port other hardware platforms. Now just think about that, some company funds development on a project that they know others will use. It that's not in the spirit of open source, I just don't know what is.

Like I've said earlier I have a Pivos AIOS device. I like the form factor, and I like the fact that it has a number of options in terms of optical out, USB 3, internal sata slot, etc. I hope they release a device with a similar amount of output options as the AIOS and the Mele A1000 under the XIOS brand. I'll probably get an XIOS regardless, but the Pivos AIOS was a bit of a let down and if it wasn't for the fact XBMC was ported I'd be hesitant to get it. The AIOS firmware is terrible.

Anyways I hope we don't see an influx of any more of these impatient trolls. I like the A1000 and the A10, it works pretty good, has VGA out, runs ubuntu.. it has a lot of promise. Right now I've got my A1000 at my sisters house running Netflix and Tunein radio for her. It's a decent device. But if you want XBMC right now, buy the Pivos. Support companies that support open source. How hard is that? Why would anyone whine about that? I just don't get it. If people want XBMC ported, get the company that manufactures the device to contribute either money or development time to it, don't come here and whine about things that "aren't fair" and do nothing productive. Gimli and other XBMC devs do it because it's interesting, not because they're being paid. Their currency is curiousity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by Reed Solomon - 2012-07-15, 20:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15