• 69(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
The VPU does the decoding, after that someone has to render it, both the VPU and the GPU can do it, in the empatzero source Mali is doing it.
(2012-09-26, 16:54)Shivansps Wrote: Well dvdplayer is rendering on Mali, thats why is slow, and if you have a 720P resoution there should be no diferences in a 1080P or 720P movie.

Im still wondering about the "jumping"... ill have to use 720P hdmi resolution and try...

Yes, I am running 720p resolution. Also, I never seen FPS slow down to single digit as you mentioned in your earlier post. As soon as I stop playing videos the FPS goes to 75fps. I think it's because of 720p resolution.
Just a little question about the software you're using.... how's the chain in your software? I mean.... VPU can write decoded picture to a buffer of which you pass the pointer and GPU will display a buffer of which you pass the pointer.... can we have vpu to directly write video memory backbuffer and then GPU just need to switch buffer?Is this possible? Wouldn't this fasten 1080p displaying avoiding a really big memcpy?? Is already done this way in xbmc?

Or with "rendering" you do mean conversion from yuv to rgb? Even then, converting to rgb "on the fly"(without storing) and then having VPU writing to backbuffer would be way faster.... can't be done by libve/cedarx?
Ehm.. I'm really new at this forum but been searching this forum for XBMC support for allwinner A10 and i found this thread.
started reading but found out that this is to much to read. how far have the development of the Video Hardware acceleration for the XBMC come.

I found a link
MK802, XBMC dead in waters
is this true?

also found this

im really interested in XBMC release for this mini PC since other players have problems running 720p 1080p HW.
(2012-09-26, 21:49)halfe Wrote: Ehm.. I'm really new at this forum but been searching this forum for XBMC support for allwinner A10 and i found this thread.
started reading but found out that this is to much to read. how far have the development of the Video Hardware acceleration for the XBMC come.

I found a link
MK802, XBMC dead in waters
is this true?

also found this

im really interested in XBMC release for this mini PC since other players have problems running 720p 1080p HW.

Try MXplayer (LINK) with the ARMv7 NEON Codec (LINK). Works great.
(2012-09-26, 17:11)gimli Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 17:08)Shivansps Wrote: Well we cant expect a Mali-400 single core to have enoght power to render a 30fps 1080P movie Tongue (it can barely render the UI at a not so decent fps). Im not even sure that the Broadcom GPU on the Raspi will be able to do so...

Thats what you think.

Teaser! Tongue Man, I bet Gimli has something amazing up his sleves...
(2012-09-26, 23:33)fmarcos Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 17:11)gimli Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 17:08)Shivansps Wrote: Well we cant expect a Mali-400 single core to have enoght power to render a 30fps 1080P movie Tongue (it can barely render the UI at a not so decent fps). Im not even sure that the Broadcom GPU on the Raspi will be able to do so...

Thats what you think.

Teaser! Tongue Man, I bet Gimli has something amazing up his sleves...
Errm, AppleTV? Its Mali-400 correct?
Apple TV uses a PowerVR SGX GPU.
720P works ok.
I think the build you guys are testing uses a texture to store the decoded video frames which are then rendered on a full-screen quad using the Mali. This is not the correct way to display video on low-power Android devices. Their GPU's are way too slow for that, especially combined with a complex alpha blended UI like XBMC. Not even Tegra3 could manage that at 1080p @60hz. The VPU needs to directly decode frames to a hardware overlay surface which is displayed directly without any copies/yuv conversion or GPU rendering involved. The GPU can then render the UI at 20 fps without interfering/blocking full FPS video displayed asynchronously in the background. This is how all the Android hardware accelerated players work. I suspect it was easier to get working with textures in Linux.
(2012-09-27, 06:56)wizziwig Wrote: I think the build you guys are testing uses a texture to store the decoded video frames which are then rendered on a full-screen quad using the Mali. This is not the correct way to display video on low-power Android devices. Their GPU's are way too slow for that, especially combined with a complex alpha blended UI like XBMC. Not even Tegra3 could manage that at 1080p @60hz. The VPU needs to directly decode frames to a hardware overlay surface which is displayed directly without any copies/yuv conversion or GPU rendering involved. The GPU can then render the UI at 20 fps without interfering/blocking full FPS video displayed asynchronously in the background. This is how all the Android hardware accelerated players work. I suspect it was easier to get working with textures in Linux.

Correct.
(2012-09-27, 07:51)gimli Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 06:56)wizziwig Wrote: I think the build you guys are testing uses a texture to store the decoded video frames which are then rendered on a full-screen quad using the Mali. This is not the correct way to display video on low-power Android devices. Their GPU's are way too slow for that, especially combined with a complex alpha blended UI like XBMC. Not even Tegra3 could manage that at 1080p @60hz. The VPU needs to directly decode frames to a hardware overlay surface which is displayed directly without any copies/yuv conversion or GPU rendering involved. The GPU can then render the UI at 20 fps without interfering/blocking full FPS video displayed asynchronously in the background. This is how all the Android hardware accelerated players work. I suspect it was easier to get working with textures in Linux.

Correct.
Ok then we should substitute the row 255 of DVDVideoCodecA10.cpp:
Code:
m_yuvdata = (u8*)mem_palloc(ysize + csize, 1024);
with some pointer to an hardware overlay surface (seems easy, but I still have no idea of where to find such a pointer...Huh). Right?
It seems that VP6, VP8, VC-1/WVC1, WMV1, WMV2, JMPEG support can de added with minimal changes to the source code, not sure if it works 100% ok, but they apear to work.

WMV3 support is what puzzles me, it works on Android, but i dont see support for it in libve, i tryied to pass the stream as VC-1, but it gives artifacts i think the problem is with size because it give artifacts and the log show seek errors.

What im not sure is what "RealVideo" means in libve... Realvideo 7? 8? 9? 10Huh
Also Cedar has support for some codecs i never heard of... SORENSSON_H263? RMG2? and im not even sure why they wasted time to add H263, MSMPEGV1/2/3 support at all, I consider H263 deprecated as well, so is WMV1/2... Theora support might have been a lot better than that. Not that im complaining, but i just dont understand it...
http://www.fourcc.org

(2012-09-27, 18:14)Shivansps Wrote: What im not sure is what "RealVideo" means in libve... Realvideo 7? 8? 9? 10
RealVideo 1.0 and RealVideo G2 (FourCC: rv10 and rv20) codec used in RealPlayer 6 and 7 was based on H.263, so it was not until the release of RealVideo 8/9/10 (FourCC: rv30 and rv40) that came with RealPlayer 8/9/10 respectivly that they based their video codec on H.264

(2012-09-27, 18:14)Shivansps Wrote: Also Cedar has support for some codecs i never heard of... SORENSSON_H263?
SORENSSON_H263 = Sorenson Spark, which is basically an incomplete implementation of H.263, and much Flash Video content (as used on sites such as YouTube, Google Video, MySpace, etc.) used to be encoded in Sorenson Spark format before most of them switched to using VP6 or H.264 encoding that they have today.

(2012-09-27, 18:14)Shivansps Wrote: im not even sure why they wasted time to add H263, MSMPEGV1/2/3 support at all, I consider H263 deprecated as well, so is WMV1/2
While the H.263 encoding standard is today considered a legacy design, ISO MPEG-4 is H.263 compatible in the sense that a basic H.263 bitstream is correctly decoded by an ISO MPEG-4 video decoder, so I guess they might just trow that in decoding of all H.263 codecs for free since they would only have to pay for the license once and be able to decode all of those.

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=H.263
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=ISO_MPEG-4

Thus you should be able to set all with a FourCC that is either for H.263 and ISO MPEG-4 (MPEG-4 Part 2 / MPEG-4 ASP / MPEG-4 SP) to be decoded by the ISO MPEG-4 video decoder in CedarX codec libraries?
What's the status? Has Allwinner provided any usefull files by now? Is this still in development?
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15