• 70(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
If I was this invisible in real life, I would be a wealthy man.
I've been wondering the same thing. Any progress here? Allwinner delivering on promises?
Let me phrase it like this;

The amount of communication in this topic is a good reflection of the communication with Allwinner.
(2012-10-05, 23:24)j1nx Wrote: Let me phrase it like this;

The amount of communication in this topic is a good reflection of the communication with Allwinner.

That's too bad, I was considering a tablet specifically because they seemed to "get it" when it came to open source and supporting their users. Also had my eye on a motherboard using their processor with the intent of building a media center with it, but since they don't want to support us, I don't want to support them.

Will be looking at other manufacturers for my needs from now on, and I expect there are others who feel this way too.
I think most people in this topic already have a device with an Allwinner SoC and are pretty much screwed right now Rolleyes .
Oh well, atleast most things work in Android.
- According to Allwinner the support is still there!
- Gimli is the most patienced man I know!

This is one of those things where time will tell. It is up to us to hope it will be done before the quad core cortex-A15 are available for the same amount of money.
Thanks j1nx for the clearer explanation. The allwinner a10 seems to be a bit slow now with all the duel core arm processors. What do you think of the mk808?
(2012-10-06, 10:34)j1nx Wrote: - According to Allwinner the support is still there!
- Gimli is the most patienced man I know!

This is one of those things where time will tell. It is up to us to hope it will be done before the quad core cortex-A15 are available for the same amount of money.

Ofcourse I still hope Gimli is able to get this to work. It's just that the future seems a lot less bright than half a year ago.
And if the quad core cortex-A15's will be available for the same amount of money as the A10 it would be a waste for Gimli and others to spend their time on an outdated SoC.
(2012-10-06, 11:46)Snippo Wrote: And if the quad core cortex-A15's will be available for the same amount of money as the A10 it would be a waste for Gimli and others to spend their time on an outdated SoC.

A SoC that does its job well enough is not outdated. Besides, the new Allwinner SoC is likely to have a high degree of backward compatibility so any time spent on the existing one is NOT a waste.
What about i.MX6? Support for hw acc?
Freescale i.MX6X devices would make a wonderful target, if it would sit still.
(2012-10-06, 15:16)pszab Wrote: What about i.MX6? Support for hw acc?

Would be cool considerring the Wandboard is coming soon (http://www.wandboard.org/)

It has a VPU capable of 1080p decoding and encoding, but I have never looked into the libraries or possible XBMC implementations as of yet.

Maybe we should have a look soon Rofl
Send me one and i can take a look Big Grin
(2012-10-08, 10:41)gimli Wrote: Send me one and i can take a look Big Grin

I knew, you gonna say that Big Grin But you have to wait untill the end of November Sad
Yes-Yes-Yes, I hope it will be perfect for xbmc Big Grin
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15