• 72(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Is there any .apk file to install xbmca10 easily?
Which hardware does this work on? Anyone try the pvr on it?
Can lubuntu (or even better, ubuntu minimal) run xbmc with hw video acceleration on this device?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Is somebody able to create an .img file?
Thanks for the build guide, the problem i was having was taglib, used the internal version, worked..
Also had to add a lot of extra packages build-dep xbmc didn't give me like swag java and some others.

Tried your method cristatus but ran into some EGL libs that were missing during make -C xbmc, cant seem to find any info on it..
UPDATE : It works, you just need to replace all SDKSTAGE in depends.mk Smile

Rogerthis : Anything with allwinner a10 cpu and mali 400 gpu..
Bram77 : Yes thats exactly what this does..
jtermors : I would, but i think there is some license problems, so that I cant distribute it as binary, must be some reason noone else have done it yet Smile
I did some testing with the a10 build. Playing video files actually works really well. Great job on that Smile.
And some more observations:
- PVR doesn't work as most add-ons are only compatible with x86.
- It's possible to add TVHeadend channels with the htsp:// protocol. SD channels play fine. HD doesn't work at all.
- Dirty regions doesn't work. Just gives a black screen when it's enabled.
- xbmc freezes quite often, which leads to a restart.

Edit: I should have been reading the readme better...

Add ons like hulu, netflix, and prime working with this?
It's awesome that the linux version is becoming a real possibility being that I have 2 MK802 II and an Oval Elephant. I saw that the Allwinner A10 processor supports HDMI-CEC. Any chance in getting that implemented into the linux version?
Hmm im getting verry mixed results with this, not even 480p content looks like its smooth playback, and 720p is clearly lagging even though cpu use is at 40%
But an arm cpu at 40% should do like 1 fps, so its clearly using mali for processing...

Playing the big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov works great, but any other homemade mpeg2 mp4 mkv etc is laggy :/
And its really only the h264 versions of big buck bunny ive had perfect playback on.

Playback from tvheadend works on sd channels, hd channels lag a bit, just about any hd playback that use other than h264 main profile will lag.

Does anyone else have any good results with mk802 or any of the other a10 single core hdmi sticks?
its a proof of concept, only h264 works, Gimli its the one doing the official one...

What is pissing me off is armel, someone please ask for a armhf bins its just compiling the same thing with a diferent gcc.
(2012-10-16, 03:57)Shivansps Wrote: its a proof of concept, only h264 works, Gimli its the one doing the official one...

What is pissing me off is armel, someone please ask for a armhf bins its just compiling the same thing with a diferent gcc.

So this a10 build wont run on armhf, if I understood well?
I ask because I use linaro armhf ubuntu alip and works quite well, just need xbmc running on it properly (h264 is enough for me).
Current linaro xbmc gui is slow, you need like 10 seconds to move to another menu item Laugh
Where can I find Lubuntu image for Mele A1000 ?
you need to kill x server before launching xbmc, alng with a few other things, look for xbmc-watchdog.sh in xbmca10
I just added "start xbmc" to my /etc/rc.local seems to work fine boots up directly in xbmc.
If you are playing content over the wired nic, do get the kernel with the fixed nic drivers, otherwise you will get bad playback.

I have binaries for those wanting to test it quickly, although, i think the last upload was a few days ago, so it might not be the very latest.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15