• 88(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Is there any tweak to make more RAM free? The OE has 1GB of RAM, so some more space in here would be tweak the performance also a bit?
Second thing is to close the 4GD SD image (partitions) to the 4GB nand flash. Any idea to change the MEM to 1GB and to copy SD Image to flash? In that case the SD Card could be use for Media stuff Smile

Also by testing TV Streams in HD, a lot of gliches... no buffering but just gliches, would it could be? Still WiFi or decompressing?

root@hackberry:~# free -h
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 307M 179M 128M 0B 12M 85M
-/+ buffers/cache: 80M 227M
Swap: 0B 0B 0B

Double false alarm, Network-Manager should in fact be functional and configurable within XBMC from this point on. I'll try to get a new release out in a few days. Thanks for the suggestions/feedback/bug reports/etc. Keep them coming.
servili007: 1rst we would like to thank for this release and work on, above points as plinking cursor could be removed, also wireless (wicd wicd-curses) preinstalled? Please have also a look that there is an seperated uboot for 512 RAM as for 1GB RAM. And an option to flash it to NAND. Perhaps we should ask Guillaume for a script to flash the correct uboot? Network-Manager would be great in XBMC (there is a plugin for it but doesnt work yet) maybe it could be matched? Also to keep space strip out the image a bit x11-common and network-manager it self, as in the instructions for now. And it's for the time beeing a verry great image to use. Smile Also thank you Katch, you dont mind if i used youre tips in this request? Wink

My six months old son has now a tv to look cartoons on, so he is happy too Big Grin
I'm having issues getting Lirc to install correctly - lsusb shows the ir receiver is connected but so far no joy getting the modules to load.

I tried both apt-get install lirc and building from source
Hmm, also an idea to get all remotes and bluetooth dongels as modules builded in the next release? Big Grin
(2012-11-19, 21:16)jtermors Wrote: servili007: 1rst we would like to thank for this release and work on, above points as plinking cursor could be removed, also wireless (wicd wicd-curses) preinstalled? Please have also a look that there is an seperated uboot for 512 RAM as for 1GB RAM. And an option to flash it to NAND. Perhaps we should ask Guillaume for a script to flash the correct uboot? Network-Manager would be great in XBMC (there is a plugin for it but doesnt work yet) maybe it could be matched? Also to keep space strip out the image a bit x11-common and network-manager it self, as in the instructions for now. And it's for the time beeing a verry great image to use. Smile Also thank you Katch, you dont mind if i used youre tips in this request? Wink

My six months old son has now a tv to look cartoons on, so he is happy too Big Grin

-I'll probably do future releases without tty1 enabled (blinking cursor)

-network-manager and wpa-supplicant are now functional again, wicd and curses will be removed. Network-Manager can interact with the plugin in xbmc (this is still in testing though, sometimes it doesn't play nice)

-I may strip out some packages, but for the most part I want everything to work first before trying to squeeze every .01% gain of space/performance, so this may have to wait or be up to the user.

-uboot flashing is an easy task for anyone with a linux machine handy, and I'll probably start including some script.bins for other machines in the FAT partition and let users swap in the one they want after writing it to the SD card (similar to how j1nx did on his releases).

-Once the release is extra-stable and functional, I will make it nand flashable.
It might be worth stripping out x11 now - there's no real need for it and it loads a service - it'll also significantly lower the bandwidth for people downloading the releases.
(2012-11-19, 21:49)servili007 Wrote: -I'll probably do future releases without tty1 enabled (blinking cursor)

-network-manager and wpa-supplicant are now functional again, wicd and curses will be removed. Network-Manager can interact with the plugin in xbmc (this is still in testing though, sometimes it doesn't play nice)

-I may strip out some packages, but for the most part I want everything to work first before trying to squeeze every .01% gain of space/performance, so this may have to wait or be up to the user.

-uboot flashing is an easy task for anyone with a linux machine handy, and I'll probably start including some script.bins for other machines in the FAT partition and let users swap in the one they want after writing it to the SD card (similar to how j1nx did on his releases).

-Once the release is extra-stable and functional, I will make it nand flashable.

There's probably quite a few packages that I installed to get the native build to compile these could be removed, although I would be careful in removing stuff because the only symptoms you may have are a crash.

I suggest we could also tone down the logging levels because at the moment its seems set at debug.

Time pending I may create a new build based on the latest commits.
(2012-11-19, 23:40)mtx512 Wrote: There's probably quite a few packages that I installed to get the native build to compile these could be removed, although I would be careful in removing stuff because the only symptoms you may have are a crash.

Right, that's the same concern that I have about starting to rip things out.
servili007:
First of all I would like to thank for this release and work on. You are doing a really great job !!!!

Now I would like to describe my setup and the problems I have faced and solved...
First of all I have MK802+ from in4dealz.
I have prepared a bootable SD card and booted MK802.
The first boot was successful and I have modified files in order to start console.

Now the first problem: In my device I don't have wired lan, only wireless.
I have started WPA fix as in your release notes, but received error that "interface doesn't support scanning"
After googling I have found the same problem in jas-hacks Blog comments link to solution from miniand forum.

So, I have modified /etc/network/interfaces:
Code:
root@hackberry:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan2
iface wlan2 inet dhcp
wpa-conf /etc/wpa.conf
And created /etc/wpa.conf:
Code:
root@hackberry:~# cat /etc/wpa.conf
network={
  ssid="Your AP Name"
  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
  psk="Your Password"
}
Now reboot and after reboot wireless lan will be connected automatically...
I hope that my receipt for WiFi configuration will be useful for MK802+ users trying to install XBMC.

I have tested also number of IPTV plugin and streaming in MPEG4(H264) and MPEG2 looks really good.
The biggest problem for me that when I press ESC and not stop during video playback the interface hangs ups for number of seconds before the menu appears.

Thank you again, and keep the same way !!!Cool
(2012-11-20, 01:07)armourer Wrote: I have started WPA fix as in your release notes, but received error that "interface doesn't support scanning"
After googling I have found the same problem in jas-hacks Blog comments link to solution from miniand forum.

I see...your device enumerates as wlan2 instead of wlan1 like on the other devices this is booting on. Thanks for letting me know, the second release should work without needing this modification.
The bogomips reading under CPU info is in the 300's, but using OpenELEC on the Raspberry Pi, it's 697 I think. I thought MK802 would be a bit higher than RPi.
Is this just because bogomips is very inaccurate?
What's the clock speed of the CPU on these builds?
Hello.
I can't change files on SD-card. Access denied.
for the present i am noob, but i try to do something.
Help me please and sorry my english.
If there are people here who know russian language please send me a private message.
Intenza: Try to access these files from an computer/laptop with for example Ubuntu like i did. Then from the terminal enter sudo bash <password> then "su -" after that go to /media/2<tab>/etc/<filename> an editor you could use is for example nano Smile Under windows the files on the SD-Card with any kind of program are only read only. Perhaps with PowerISO, you could map it or even edit it, but needs to create a new .img by saveing the file. Usualy a pc with a linux is an option? Smile
If I change the script.bin in servili007's image to the one found in the t4 build found here: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/de...rmhf-build the following happens:

I get 1024 Mb RAM detected instead of 512 Mb and lsusb lists my inbuilt Wifi. I didn't manage to connect (some silly mistake probably) but I could scan so I know it is working.

I also compiled a Linaro ALIP image from scratch using instructions from here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/13/h...4-sd-card/ where I used the script.bin from my device (/dev/block/nanda under Android). This image is barely usable (superslow) as compared to the other linaro I tried. Difference? My own seems to detect only 512Mb RAM whereas the other one sees the whole 1Gb. I'm wondering wheter this could also be the reason for my results earlier benchmarking the movies in XBMC?
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15