• 97(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
The link to post on 4pda.ru http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic...p=18635067
The link to the download page http://www.ex.ua/view_storage/977401789607
Yes, that is compiled with cedarx version of empatzero.
@ kostyamat : Thanks for this XBMCubuntu image but could you give soe details here in english about what is/isn't working ?
Russian translated is difficult to understand :-)

thanks

Also : the Full image from the torrent seems corrupted , do you confirm ? I download the 4G flavour now
hello,

i'm trying to make the xbmca10 working on android ICS, has it been done already ? and who did it?

i try to replace the Linux video renderer using the frame buffer with a software one ( GLES ) but the frames i get are all garbled...

thanks for pointing me to the right people here.

regards,
sevy, android dev
here is the kind of decoded frame i get ( voluntarily saved in black&white ) : http://ydegoyon.free.fr/a10-wrong.png
@chevil: Maybe you should ask here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005 It's about stagefright XBMC hardware acceleration on Android devices (but doesn't apply to A10 nor AMLogic).
you said it yourself, i have an allwinner tablet and libstagefright doesn't work on it, so thank you for the advice but it's not an alternative, i want to make cedarv working on this tablet, that's all, so does anybody did it before? ( or any other way to have hardware acceleration on allwinner tablet ). Thanks.

sevy
it seems that compiling the xbmca10 with an android 14 toolchain fix my problems, now the hardware acceleration works, but sometimes screen turns blue..
(2013-02-07, 16:00)chevil Wrote: you said it yourself, i have an allwinner tablet and libstagefright doesn't work on it, so thank you for the advice but it's not an alternative, i want to make cedarv working on this tablet, that's all, so does anybody did it before? ( or any other way to have hardware acceleration on allwinner tablet ). Thanks.

sevy

I just thought it would be great to have both libraries for HW acceleration on Android in one final version (if it's possible to determine which one to use on launch). Anyways, thanks for your efforts, hope you'll get it working.
(2013-02-07, 16:00)chevil Wrote: you said it yourself, i have an allwinner tablet and libstagefright doesn't work on it, so thank you for the advice but it's not an alternative, i want to make cedarv working on this tablet, that's all, so does anybody did it before? ( or any other way to have hardware acceleration on allwinner tablet ). Thanks.

sevy

Well I tested the XMBCUbuntu builds this weekend with a CedarX aware XBMC and I have to say that the result is quite good !

I could even decode 1080p Webm without problems.

Then ubuntu + XBMCa10 could be a solution for your tablet .
(2013-02-11, 10:21)freechelmi Wrote:

sevy

Well I tested the XMBCUbuntu builds this weekend with a CedarX aware XBMC and I have to say that the result is quite good !

I could even decode 1080p Webm without problems.

Then ubuntu + XBMCa10 could be a solution for your tablet .

Could you provide details of the build and your platform? Think there are quite a lot of Allwinner based A10 MK802 owners who'd be interested! (Ubuntu is easy to run on them)
i want to make it run on android, my job is to make it run on android so i don't want ubuntu, but as i said in last post, it's running now and decoding 1080p mkv videos at least, but sometimes the colors are wrong and it initializes badly and all is tainted in blue... did anyone see this and know a workaround?

sevy
(2013-02-11, 17:44)noggin Wrote: Could you provide details of the build and your platform? Think there are quite a lot of Allwinner based A10 MK802 owners who'd be interested! (Ubuntu is easy to run on them)

I've used the build from kostyamat which seems to use the Build from Guillaume . the bad side is that I can't make it switch to TV output even with the PIMP_MY_MELE script
Hi,

Now that linux runs stable on gooseberry I successfully compiled xbmc on linaro 13.01 using the instructions from sunxi.

It runs but videos are slow and blueish. Sad

I will give the image of kostyamat a try.
hola,

about the speed of the b¡playback, be shure you use hw accelerated decoding
and rendering ( check the logs for A10 messages ),
maybe you did not compile with -DALLWINNERA10 ?

about the blueishness, i think i fixed it by setting hue and saturation
of the GL Layer in LinuxRendererA10.cpp :

#define NEUTRAL_HUE 20
#define NEUTRAL_SATURATION 32

args[0] = g_screenid;
args[1] = g_hlayer;
args[2] = 0;
args[3] = 0;
int hue=0;
hue = ioctl(g_hdisp, DISP_CMD_LAYER_GET_HUE, args);
// CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "A10: layer hue is %d.\n", hue );

// setting hue and saturation for this layer
// to prevent blue tainted screen
if ( hue != NEUTRAL_HUE )
{
args[0] = g_screenid;
args[1] = g_hlayer;
args[2] = NEUTRAL_HUE;
args[3] = 0;
if ( ioctl(g_hdisp, DISP_CMD_LAYER_SET_HUE, args) < 0 )
{
CLog::Log(LOGERROR, "A10: DISP_CMD_LAYER_SET_HUE failed.\n");
}
else
{
CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "A10: set hue to : %d\n", NEUTRAL_HUE);
}
}

args[0] = g_screenid;
args[1] = g_hlayer;
args[2] = 0;
args[3] = 0;
int sat = 0;
sat = ioctl(g_hdisp, DISP_CMD_LAYER_GET_SATURATION, args);
// CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "A10: layer saturation is %d.\n", sat );

if ( sat != NEUTRAL_SATURATION )
{
args[0] = g_screenid;
args[1] = g_hlayer;
args[2] = NEUTRAL_SATURATION;
args[3] = 0;
if ( ioctl(g_hdisp, DISP_CMD_LAYER_SET_SATURATION, args) < 0 )
{
CLog::Log(LOGERROR, "A10: DISP_CMD_LAYER_SET_SATURATION failed.\n");
}
else
{
CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "A10: set saturation to : %d\n", NEUTRAL_SATURATION);
}
}

strangely neutral values here are not 50, but it's working here on my tablet.

ahoj,
sevy
Is there any builds for beginners which are stable enough? I mean XBMC Linux builds. I have made several searches to look for easy builds, but no luck. I have a MK802 with A10 SOC I want to try with
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15