modding MQ3
Is it possible to Mod MQ3, i.e. the Graphics? or is it locked down?
be kind, rewind
Graphics = backgrounds?
If yes you dont even have to "mod" you can just load other background packs via skin settings.
Its locked down in the media folder under textures and up to marcosqui if he wants to release them as far as i know he hasn't released uncompressed textures since MQ2, MQ2 textures wont work because marcos has gone through and changed the names of the files also there are new textures added and old ones taken away. i had a play with MQ3 just for fun and did some personal mods to some time ago while doing that i got the textures 99% of them using MQ2 in a painstaking way that i do not recommend but i wouldn't release to public because it is Marcos's skin not mine.

Short answer yes and no the skin can be edited but not the files under lock and key
not as open source as it could be XBMC is it?
be kind, rewind
(2012-03-29, 20:05)dirtymurt Wrote: not as open source as it could be XBMC is it?

Let me make it more clear.

XBMC is fully open source as are a lot of skins!

MarcosQui has chosen to not do this. This is of course his own choice and probably has he has his reasons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just ask marcos and i'm sure he will share the uncompressed media folder.
sorry, wasn;t being rude, just trying to understand the process more fully. thanks for the info gents
be kind, rewind
(2012-03-30, 10:01)dirtymurt Wrote: sorry, wasn;t being rude, just trying to understand the process more fully. thanks for the info gents

Understandable Smile
Can be confusing at some times.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
would it not be feasible to have the skins unencrypted and easily available for all to adjust to their tastes. I'm sure this would encourage innovation in the skinning community.
be kind, rewind

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
modding MQ30