XBMCbuntu: AirPlay audio stuttering, Zattoo not working at all
I just upgraded from Dharma Live to XBMCbuntu Eden 11.0.

AirPlay from my iPhone is working great with pictures and also with videos shot with the iPhone. However, the killer feature for me would be audio streaming. *Would*, because it doesn't work: The phone connects to XBMC but the audio stutters badly, about every 2 to 5 seconds. It's completely unlistenable. This happens both with the native Music app and with Spotify. Placing the phone closer to the router doesn't change anything (the HTPC, a ZBOX HD-ND22, is connected via ethernet). As suggested by the wiki ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay ) I SSH'd into the HTPC and installed avahi-daemon but the system told me I already had the latest version. It made no change, neither did rebooting.

Furthermore, I have a LiveTV-app on my iPhone called Zattoo, which also has AirPlay-functionality and would also be great to watch on the big screen since I don't have a regular TV subscription. The app finds XBMC as a receiver, it connects, doesn't show video on the phone and says on the display "this video is now being streamed via AirPlay to XBMC", or words to that effect. However, on my TV I just get a brief "busy" dialog when the app connects, after that it's just the homescreen again.

Any ideas what I should try to do? Thanks for helping out.
what wlan do you have. And post a log about that zattoo thingy...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Pretty old router, 802.11b/g

Will post the log when I get home.
Well i don't have audio stuttering only when i go in the room which is farest away from my router. My router is 802.11n though. WLAN Performance sucks all the time - doesn't matter what the producers write on it how lightning cool it is.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
There it is: http://pastebin.com/efBcbPct
And also the debug log for spotify: http://pastebin.com/sZF4DGfv

Note: This time it was actually worse than usual, the audio not only stuttered but stopped completely. When I disconnected on the iPhone, XBMC froze on the "Now playing" screen for about a minute before it went back to the home screen.
Do you own a atv2 and could verify that zattoo over airplay does work there? Log file just says that zattoo is using m3u8 "playlists" and ffmpeg bombs out when trying to read from that http url.
on that second log.

Code:
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::GetSpace - get space failed. err: -32 (Broken pipe)

You have some pulseaudio errors in your log too. Well not much that i can tell you. Don't have a g-wlan to test. I can tell that streaming music works well on my n - wlan which is rock stable. Beside that these spotify/zattoo thingys are issues with ffmpeg imho. (maybe sort themself in the update for ffmpeg we are already preparing).

Well, that' just gibberish to me... I guess I'll just be waiting for the update then, possibly get a n-Router from a friend to see if that would help.

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated.
Update: my friend's iPhone plays audio with no problem on my XBMC (a 3GS no less!). I'm guessing it's because mine is jailbroken and his isn't.
Mhh this shouldn't be an issue with non jailbroken devices. The client is using normal apps (youtube app or trailer app) from the appstore.
But since it works with his phone and not with mine, the issue seems ti be with my phone and not with XBMC, no?
Yeah sounds like that. But there must be another difference between both devices - beside the Jailbreak ...
He has 5.1, I obviously don't. Could be that I guess.
Same here when listening to RDIO on my iPAD. Stutters on XBMCbuntu, also tried OpenElec and same thing there. Sometimes it just stops completely. (Using Acer Revo 3610)

When I use airplay to my windows pc that has shairport4w installed I have no problems at all. I also noticed that it takes me a lot longer when I change the volume on the XBMC machine than on the pc using shairport4w.

All tests were made from an iPad2

I also noticed I have no such issue when playing video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu: AirPlay audio stuttering, Zattoo not working at all0