Why is there no imdb scraper?
I just installed xbmc on my ubuntu.

The only scraper I have for movies is "the movieDB"

Why was imdb not included and how to I install the scraper?

I did a google on how to install xbmc linux and came up with

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
sudo apt-get update

Did I install the wrong version or something? Is there a version that already has the imdb scraper?
It is an addo-on. Just go to settings>addons>get addons>xbmc.org addons>movie info>imdb and install it. That is the place.
Thanks, worked like a charm. Thread solved.
don't think is valid anymore

there is no settings menu, there is System->AddOns but no xbmc or imdb under that
found it.. hidden in the odd way xmbc does menu management.. system->addons didnt go to the next level.. it jumps 2 levels and ended in app addons or somewhere.. had to scroll to top and hit the .. to get to the correct next level... in there there is Movie Info addons and in that is IMDB.. Smile
just because you have repeat issues with your input device, does not mean we do. system -> addons definitely jumps to the root of the addon browser...
Addon's can land other places besides just the root. My window XBMC will go into the skins, if the previous place I was at was in settings > appearance > skins > get. Root every time, NO. Not sure if my XBMClive's do this or not. Refresh my windows XBMC last night so I know it does.
yes, like with any other window we have a history.
spiff Wrote:yes, like with any other window we have a history.

I had a few friends complaining about that. They get 'lost' inside the add-ons browser. Laugh

I believe it is a user problem: they don't think of the manager as a browser.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No, there IS NO IMDB to find!!!
Why is there a bunch of people to decide what and what we will not install?
Keep It Simple, Stupid!
It is against imdb terms and conditions to scrape. But I think you can use universal scraper set to imdb
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-01-11, 22:25)Betelgeuse Wrote: No, there IS NO IMDB to find!!!
This 1.5 year-old thread isn't applicable to the current state of the IMDB scraper add-on.
Quote:Why is there a bunch of people to decide what and what we will not install?
Would you prefer to be allowed to install a non-functional add-on or would you prefer to simply not see it offered since it is broken? The IMDB scraper is broken due to changes by IMDB on their site, so if you want to bitch at someone, bitch at them.
Quote:Keep It Simple, Stupid!
KISS? What about RTFF? Wink As discussed in dozens of recent threads on these forums, the IMDB add-on is broken beyond fixing. It is marked as such and is no longer functional nor available. Use the default TMDB scraper or, as nickr suggested above, the Universal Scraper and set it to use IMDB as the scraping site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is there no imdb scraper?0