Show photo filename during slideshow
Hey there,

I tried to search with Google and in these forums but I didn't find a solution to my problem which should be pretty easy to fix.

My XBMC (now version "Eden") runs on a MacBook Air (that shouldn't change it, though) under the default skin "confluence". Now the only thing I am missing from this gorgeous thing called XBMC is an option to show the image filename above, beneath or somewhere around a picture when it is displayed during a slideshow.

I present photographs on events and with XBMC that is tremendously easy but I need the filename. Can anyone help me please?
Try pressing I while the slideshow is playing. Not sure if confluence supports it or not - give it a go.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the answer but sadly that doesn't work. Is that supported by other skins?
Afaik there is no official skin which provides an OSD in the slideshow window.
I hope this will change in the future because there was a very nice pull request accepted which exposes more picture metadata. Maybe someone can ping the skin devs to implement the new PictureInfoTags.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
That's not what I wanted to hear but thank you nevertheless.

What I don't understand: there is an option to show EXIF Metadata for the images but when does that happen? Never found anything like that.
Press I when watching the photo: Exif specs are shown..

AFAIK there are only 3 Exif fields exposed to skin; date, reso and name.
I would like to see Exif:User_Comments under/over my photos aswell..
(2012-04-10, 10:42)Knilch Wrote: What I don't understand: there is an option to show EXIF Metadata for the images but when does that happen? Never found anything like that.

(2012-04-10, 13:07)realjobe Wrote: Press I when watching the photo: Exif specs are shown..

AFAIK there are only 3 Exif fields exposed to skin; date, reso and name.
I would like to see Exif:User_Comments under/over my photos aswell..

To avoid confusing: The Picture- and slideshow-view are different views! (Single-) Picture view may have an info overlay but slideshow has not.

regarding the exif fields: Like I said above, there are more fields coming (already present in git master - but still not used in skins).
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Yes, I understood that already but single view doesn't show anything, either. Didn't try the "I" here, though, that would be a preliminary solution.

Is there a possibility to say when or if these info fields will be integrated into the skins and the slideshow?
To show the file name of the photo in the Slideshow screensaver do the following:
1. Create a file SlideShow.xml with the following contents:

<window id="2007">
<defaultcontrol>2</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
<control type="label">
<posx>50</posx>
<posy>50</posy>
<width>1000</width>
<height>120</height>
<label>$INFO[slideshow.filename]</label>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>font25</font>
<textcolor>yellow</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

Then put the file in the XBMC/addons/skin.pm3-hd/720p directory. (substitute you skin directory)
I managed to put the filename on the screen during slideshow mode by adding the label in the xml file as show here above.

Is there a way to tweak this a little bit more? I want to hide the extension from the filename. Is it possible?
Coming back to this topic, there is a skin for Kodi that does what I want (Maximinialism). All other skins I tried don't do it. But thanks for the piece of code, that went under my radar, I may try it if I am able to resolve my other problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show photo filename during slideshow0