HTPC- A63500 build - itching to purchase please verfiy
My current HTPC is too much of a resource hog and too friggin loud. So, I am building new one. From the forum, I need a group 5 HTPC and plan on using a dual TV tuner from haupauge. I am sold on the APU 3500 with a SSD. Here is my build:

Case - SILVERSTONE Black GD05B
APU - A6 3500
Mobo - ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55
SSD - Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SATA II
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB
PSU - SeaSonic SS-350ET Bronze 350W ATX12V V2.31 80
Ram -G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Just a couple of concerns atm. 1. PSU - kind of guessed on how much power I would need. I'm wondering if i can get away with a smaller one. 2. With having the SSD and a HDD in the same rig, should i anticipate any cooling issues (the case does have 3 fans).

Let me know what you guys think .. I am itching to purchase this.

p.s.
I am right at $610 USD(OS and DVD drive included) and i am willing to spend about 100 dollars more on any upgrades.

1: 350W is definitely enough, dont worry.

2: nope, no cooling isues.

RAM: man, im tired of seeing RIPJAWS...
they have such a tall heatSink,
you'll may encounter issues if u want to change
your CPU cooler for a quieter one.
stick to what i suggest in my HTPC guide.

good luck
Great case and APU for HTPC.......for PSU 350W is a little overkill for a very low TDP APU system. This 300W version is more than enough wattage for future upgrades too- SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V. You should be fine to have both hard drives in the case.

Why not this "LG Black 10X BD-ROM"?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
price is about the same for both PSU's once u add shipping lol
stick to the 350W version....
(2012-04-02, 03:33)eskro Wrote: price is about the same for both PSU's once u add shipping lol
If the price is the same, get the 300w. It'll operates 65w APU more efficiently, and you might save a little bit on energy bill too.....

(2012-04-02, 03:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 03:33)eskro Wrote: price is about the same for both PSU's once u add shipping lol
If the price is the same, get the 300w. It'll operates 65w APU more efficiently, and you might save a little bit on energy bill too.....

Are computer PSU more efficient at lower wattage? Otherwise it shouldn't make any difference since the PSU is only going to draw as much power from the wall as it needs to power the system.

*Edit*
I just saw your post in another thread (First Build, How's It Look?) where you explain why you claim a lower PSU might save him money. Interesting insight Smile
(2012-04-02, 21:39)ITFK Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 03:49)bluray Wrote:

Are computer PSU more efficient at lower wattage? Otherwise it shouldn't make any difference since the PSU is only going to draw as much power from the wall as it needs to power the system.

*Edit*
I just saw your post in another thread (First Build, How's It Look?) where you explain why you claim a lower PSU might save him money. Interesting insight Smile
I found the graphs which proved that operates at low-end of the rated PSU spec is not as efficience as mid-end of the rated PSU spec-Efficiency Under Different Load Profiles ....keep in mind that the other 20% is already wasted.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC- A63500 build - itching to purchase please verfiy0