Switched to Optical Audio but lost UI sound and have 'NO SOUND' icon everywhere
So I switched to optical audio because I have quite a few movies in AAC3. All my files play fine with sound but I've lost all of my UI sound. I also now have an annoying icon indicating 'no sound' everywhere, during video playback, menu/UI navigation etc. I don't really care about the UI sound but I would really like to get rid of this annoying little icon, I've snapped a couple pictures of the icon here:

I've been looking around in the forums and all I could find are posts about XBMC on the xbox and the right joystick on the controller but nothing on the ATV. How do I go about fixing this issue? I have an iPad with Constellation for a remote and my android phone also has the XBMC official remote app - I've searched through both remotes and messed with the volume control but am unable to get rid of that annoying little icon.

any help would be awesome! sorry if it's a repost or in the wrong area.
ok, i've solved the problem on my own. apparently the volume control on the remotes such as in the xbmc android app and the ipad remote (constellation) control a video volume and nothing else. i plugged a usb keyboard into my ATV and pressed the "+" key and it instantly turned up the 'other' volume getting rid of the 'no sound' icon. not sure if it's the UI volume because I still dont get UI sounds through optical but it finally did get rid of that pesky icon! i'm guessing that sending the "+" key via android remote or constellation would have given the same solution but it took me days to figure this out. hope this answer helps anyone else out there that runs into this problem NOT ON AN XBOX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switched to Optical Audio but lost UI sound and have 'NO SOUND' icon everywhere0