• 20(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-13, 18:43)explodedk Wrote: @bn.

is there any chance you could make it posible to choose "random movie fanart" for movies, and "random tv fanart" for tv. now it's "random video fanart" and it takes all fanart not section specific.

regardsWink

You have to have the add-on artwork organizer installed for that. It splits fanart in seperate folders and you can then point the fanart for movies and tv to those seperate folders. Works like a charm.

CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
is anyone else getting this on all the screens of the latest build the skin auto updated and is showing this i have gone through the options and made sure debug logging is off and anything else that may cause it but it still doesn't dissapear
the information changes depending on where you navigate to or press on your remote i am running a openelec build

(2012-04-13, 19:25)protocol77 Wrote: is anyone else getting this on all the screens of the latest build the skin auto updated and is showing this i have gone through the options and made sure debug logging is off and anything else that may cause it but it still doesn't dissapear
the information changes depending on where you navigate to or press on your remote i am running a openelec build

Read this thread...it's been answered a few times Wink
protocol77: As described throughout this thread, this version of the skin is still under active development and has not yet been officially released. As a result, the debugging information is included by design to aid with that development. If it is a concern to you, you should wait until the thread changes from [WIP] to [RELEASE].
(2012-04-13, 19:29)millercentral Wrote: If it is a concern to you, you should wait until the thread changes from [WIP] to [RELEASE].

But where's the fun in that Wink Seriously, there's a few hiccups, but I'm loving 3.0 - allowed me to add a script to the Main Menu. Only things I tweaked for this WIP version was turning off the debugging info (more for my wife's viewing pleasure) and ditched the animated backgrounds...my kids find it creepy to see the background moving around. Other than that - this is awesome work. I was a huge Night fan for the past 2 years...I've jumped camps now.
Question: is there a way to enable FANART for each genre? IE: when I goto the Genre screen and scroll through the icons for each genre - would like to have a specific fanart show up behind as I change. Right now I have the multi-image backgrounds showing up - or nothing if I select "hide fanart" for the view setting. Having not been a 2.0 user for long - not sure if this was part of 2.0 or not. I did see mention of it in threads for other skins.
Similar question for YEARS - can you specify a folder to pull icons from?
(2012-04-13, 19:05)Raytestrak Wrote: You have to have the add-on artwork organizer installed for that. It splits fanart in seperate folders and you can then point the fanart for movies and tv to those seperate folders. Works like a charm.

great... thanks... one question thou... will artwork organizer update each time i do a content update? (new movies etc)
(2012-04-13, 20:21)explodedk Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 19:05)Raytestrak Wrote: You have to have the add-on artwork organizer installed for that. It splits fanart in seperate folders and you can then point the fanart for movies and tv to those seperate folders. Works like a charm.

great... thanks... one question thou... will artwork organizer update each time i do a content update? (new movies etc)

no. only service addons are able to do something like that. artwork organizer is not, as far as i know.
(2012-04-13, 19:47)puulima Wrote: Question: is there a way to enable FANART for each genre? IE: when I goto the Genre screen and scroll through the icons for each genre - would like to have a specific fanart show up behind as I change. Right now I have the multi-image backgrounds showing up - or nothing if I select "hide fanart" for the view setting. Having not been a 2.0 user for long - not sure if this was part of 2.0 or not. I did see mention of it in threads for other skins.
Similar question for YEARS - can you specify a folder to pull icons from?

special://skin/extras/genre/video/fanart/genrename.jpg
special://skin/extras/year/video/fanart/2012.jpg (this one only after a fresh git pull)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Genre Fanart works nicely...definitely need to edit the .nfo files...I have 4 different "flavors of "sci-fi".

For the Year - was looking to add the icons/covers - will your update pull in covers or backgrounds? Sounds like backgrounds - while I have a set of those...was just going to use the icons myself.

And the git pull will install yet another version of the skin correct? Is there a graceful way to determine which files I should/need to copy over from the current 3.0 folders?
no, we won´t add any pictures, would increase skin size too much.
only added background for year, icons do not make too much sense i think.
git pull will merge all new changes into your skin directory. (this assumes that you downloaded the skin via git clone of course)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Is it possible to get a "Files" Menue Point like the one under the "Videos" Section in the "TV Shows" or "Movie" Section?
you have the possibilty to setup custom items in those submenus.
(2012-04-13, 21:42)phil65 Wrote: no, we won´t add any pictures, would increase skin size too much.

Sorry, what I meant was I was going to use them - didn't mean adding them to the skin

(2012-04-13, 21:42)phil65 Wrote: only added background for year, icons do not make too much sense i think.

None of the view types for YEAR actually show much if anything of the background though...they do all show the icon/cover (currently all blank of course). IMO the views for YEAR are all overkill - I got used to using just a simple list - anybody else got any creative (but simple) ideas?

(2012-04-13, 21:42)phil65 Wrote: git pull will merge all new changes into your skin directory. (this assumes that you downloaded the skin via git clone of course)

I had downloaded and installed from a zip - which probably explains why I have a completely new skin folder - where can I find info on doing it differently?

(2012-04-13, 20:21)explodedk Wrote:

No it can't do it automatically (as of yet), I just run it once in a while. If you have hundreds of fanarts, chances of seeing the new fanart is slim anyway.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
@phil65 - found the errors in the genre view-type. I'm listing the views and options that are NOT working - and what I saw in the log file - everything else was ok.

LIST
- with ROUNDED COVERS disabled - no icons are displayed and no errors the log file
-

WALL
- with SHOW TITLE disabled - the view is pulling icons in from the icons folder in \genre\MUSIC\icons\ folder instead of VIDEO (fanart pulls from the correct location)
- with SHOW TITLE enabled - no icons are dispayed and no errors in the log - so looks like it's not trying to pull any icons in? (fanart pulls from the correct location)

TRI PANEL
- DARKEN switch doesn't change anything

DVD CASE

SHOWCASE

Seems like the DVD CASE is the only view that works if the user's fanart is similar to mine (centered icon & text). Showcase ends up hiding the center graphic since it displays larger icons.

Example of DVD CASE view:

Nothing earth shattering here...but hope this helps.

BTW: Now I understand why I was scratching my head last night - I was using the WALL view for most of the evening - and had nothing in the music folder - so saw nothing until I saw the log error and copied the VIDEO icons to music - then I switched views and could see the icons (which do pull form the correct folder on all other views).

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07