• 42(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-20, 22:45)sergiocos Wrote: Using 3.0 i get some strange behaviour when returning to main menu (a spike in CPU usage, 100% for few seconds). The transition from one image to another (or from a menu item to another) seems choppy now and then. I get the same behavior even with NO widget, NO watchlist/playlist script....
If i return to nox 2.0, everything is snapier again, all the time, so it looks like an issue with 3.0.
I'm running a powerful pc on a hdready tv.

anyone else got that or is it just me?

would be nice if you could point out the specific commit where it started if the problem is still there. (switching to older commits is easy with git, and even easier with smartGIT)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-20, 23:59)phil65 Wrote: would be nice if you could point out the specific commit where it started if the problem is still there. (switching to older commits is easy with git, and even easier with smartGIT)

I love SmartGIT Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-21, 00:32)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 23:59)phil65 Wrote: would be nice if you could point out the specific commit where it started if the problem is still there. (switching to older commits is easy with git, and even easier with smartGIT)

I love SmartGIT Big Grin

yes, me too. by far the best git client out there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Hi, is it possible to have a slideshow of the fanart of the actual music artist played on the home menu?
yes. background settings in customizer.
(2012-04-20, 23:40)Big_Noid Wrote: No need for logs as I can reproduce the problem. Just pushed an attempt to fix it btw, please test.

had problems when i entered anywhere where it should look in my computer - e.g add a new video, search for fanart/thumbs etc. but seems fixed with newest pull.. will report if it returns.
Has anyone noticed that the weather section icons (not the widget but inside weather itself) have reverted back to the 'old' weather icons, and no longer users the high-rez that were icons recently added to XBMC? What's interesting is that the standard, non-PDA weather widget uses the new icons.
(2012-04-21, 06:54)explodedk Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 23:40)Big_Noid Wrote: No need for logs as I can reproduce the problem. Just pushed an attempt to fix it btw, please test.

had problems when i entered anywhere where it should look in my computer - e.g add a new video, search for fanart/thumbs etc. but seems fixed with newest pull.. will report if it returns.

had the same problem when using windows but doesn´t seem to be skin-related.
I´ll give the same advice as Big_Noid: Move to Linux Wink
(2012-04-21, 07:41)deh2k7 Wrote: Has anyone noticed that the weather section icons (not the widget but inside weather itself) have reverted back to the 'old' weather icons, and no longer users the high-rez that were icons recently added to XBMC? What's interesting is that the standard, non-PDA weather widget uses the new icons.

yes, known. i exchanged the ones from the widget last week, we´ll do the same for weather section.
(2012-04-20, 21:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Maxoo: Should be fixed now, no need for ticket.
Works, thanks.

I have a strange issue though. It works great with most of my series, but for some others, the sliding animation only work one way.
For example, Bored to Death : 3 seasons. going from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 works great. But if I do 1 to 2 or 2 to 3, I don't get a smooth transition.
2 to 3 for example. Fanart 2 is replaced by a black background before Fanart 3 appears.
Couldn't find why it does that on some shows and not other. Always the same shows though. Doctor Who 3 seasons, works great, no pb. Same goes for HIMYM (7 seasons) or How to make it in America (2 seasons). Will try to investigate more.

(Could this be size related ? Bored to death is the only show for which I didn't get the fanarts from tvdb. I got them as png on the Google image and turned them into jpg with Photoshop. All backdrops are being converted to DDS, aren't they ?)
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2012-04-21, 12:14)Maxoo Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 21:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Maxoo: Should be fixed now, no need for ticket.
Works, thanks.

I have a strange issue though. It works great with most of my series, but for some others, the sliding animation only work one way.
For example, Bored to Death : 3 seasons. going from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 works great. But if I do 1 to 2 or 2 to 3, I don't get a smooth transition.
2 to 3 for example. Fanart 2 is replaced by a black background before Fanart 3 appears.
Couldn't find why it does that on some shows and not other. Always the same shows though. Doctor Who 3 seasons, works great, no pb. Same goes for HIMYM (7 seasons) or How to make it in America (2 seasons). Will try to investigate more.

(Could this be size related ? Bored to death is the only show for which I didn't get the fanarts from tvdb. I got them as png on the Google image and turned them into jpg with Photoshop. All backdrops are being converted to DDS, aren't they ?)

no, it only converts to DDS when the option is set in advancedsettings.xml.
afaik it is not needed anymore really because the jpeg decoder in eden is much faster than in dharma.
(2012-04-20, 17:55)Shinu Wrote: Image

Nice fonts! Do you know the names of them so I know what to google Smile
Really appreciate!

Ray
Guys are you sure some of these issues are skin related? I've been having similar interface issues in the last few days and can't work out what changed. I see it with all skins to different degrees including confluence. I have a low power HP Microserver (slightly better performance over Acer Revo) with lots of RAM and Nvidia GFX. It has always been great with XBMC. But suddenly it really struggles with poster type views. In Aeon Nox 3 it struggles through on showcase (no coverflow) and is unusable with wall view in music albums. CPU is really high when scrolling (+70%) and seems to idle at 20-30% when a view is stationary.

Any ideas? I'll try the latest pull to see if it helps.

EDIT: disabling ddsfanart and deleting .dds files from Thumbnails folder has helped a lot.
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
@phil65 : The option is set. I can provide a log if that helps resolve the issue, but I'm pretty sure it won't.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2012-04-21, 17:47)Maxoo Wrote: @phil65 : The option is set. I can provide a log if that helps resolve the issue, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

no, probably won´t help. tried with different bg settings? happens for all bg types?
Little question, I want to change the "path to music library" in System -> Skin -> General. I put some days ago, a nfs path, but I want to change it to another path local. (with my cdart and extra fanart).

When I want to change it I try to go back on the tree, but I can't. Is it a bug?

This information is saved in a file I guess? What file I need to change manually to change my music library path?

Thanks!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07