Prevent adding new sources
Hello,

I would like to add video sources but then prevent adding new sources. I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I looked at the master lock but it only seems to lock the sections i.e. video, music etc.

Thank you for any assistance.
While you can't fully prevent it, you can at least disable the add videos button (advancedsettings perhaps?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-04, 02:10)jmarshall Wrote: While you can't fully prevent it, you can at least disable the add videos button (advancedsettings perhaps?)

Are you referring to this setting below from the guisettings.xml file? If so I do not think it maybe working correctly as the "Add Video" button is still showing when I am under the File section from Videos. Maybe I am missing a step or two somewhere.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <filelists>
        <showaddsourcebuttons>false</showaddsourcebuttons>
    </filelists>
</advancedsettings>
yup, that's it. Not completely sure if it's obeyed absolutely everywhere or not.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-04-04, 08:07)jmarshall Wrote: yup, that's it. Not completely sure if it's obeyed absolutely everywhere or not.

I determined a couple things. It is partly working. If you have added a source then the Add Video is removed but if there is no source added then the Add Video shows up regardless of turning the setting to false. The Music section the Add source is removed when the setting is set to false.
Correct - if you have no sources at all, then obviously you need to add one, so we don't disable it.

I need to restate the previous findings for the Music section. The Music section the Add source is removed when the setting is set to false regardless if there is a source added or not.
Yes - this is because the music section hasn't been written to use the new code. The add source button is there in videos as we feel that it's safer than the user screwing up and not being able to add a source if they don't have any.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent adding new sources0