This is gonna cost me...
I think Shamrock has a point - adding new sources to XBMC is not that straight forward as it could be. A "shares" section in the settings might really make sense, and the video/music/pictures sections could just link there. If we decide to do so, it needs to be modular, so that also addons can register "share-types" one can set there - so one central entry point for managing shares.
My final comment concerning this thread;

@aptalca:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

The "Files"-option is what I missed in the new Eden-XBMC.
I'm Belgian and have the whole thing setup in dutch for my wife.
"Bestanden" didn't mean anything to me but that's what the "Files"-option is translated to in dutch.
(Don't get me wrong: whoever translated it did a good job but I've been used to US-English for so many years, I totally missed it)

@ all devs and everyone that commented: Sorry... :-))))) (still: a special "sources" section in the settings would be great)
(2012-04-11, 20:37)Shamrock Wrote: "Bestanden" didn't mean anything to me but that's what the "Files"-option is translated to in dutch.
(Don't get me wrong: whoever translated it did a good job but I've been used to US-English for so many years, I totally missed it)

Will take partial blame for that Tongue
(I am Dutch)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn

I was pretty sure you were! (either that or belgian :-)))
And as I said: "Bestanden" is the best translation for it but I've been installing PC's in English for 15 years now and I'm having trouble helping my own parents these days when they ask me to cleanup their (dutch-settings) PC.

It goes without saying that my "regional settings" have nothing to do with how "AWESOME!" XBMC is.

Thanks for replying all!
no matter where it was located it still would have been labeled in this case as "Bestanden" lol
WE ALL WE GOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This is gonna cost me...0