Win Interesting thing happened on installing Frodo!
Yes this is a windows post but here is the background.....

So I have a triple boot system that I recently reformatted. Upon discovery that Frodo is now stable I went to install in Linux and first copied my old userdata and addons folders (and wondering if Frodo Linux would overwrite them) , only to discover that Frodo did not yet appear in the Linux repos -----awwww!

So I rebooted and installed in Windows, where I discovered a great surprise!

My system is triple boot, and shares common document folders, I do this by a dedicated partition that mounts to or is linked to a common "user" folder. So any User or or Home directory points to a common dedicated partition. An interesting thing was that as I had prepared my add ons and userdata folders from a copy of an xbmc Linux to an xbmc Linux path under /home/<username>/.xbmc . This same path under windows maps to \Users\<username>\.xbmc

Much to my surprise, xbmc for Windows used all the add ons in this path! I suppose that means at least in Windows and Linux I can share the add ons path under ~/.xbmc (for windows users this means <username>\xbmc

A great gift indeed. Now to install in Linux and Mac OSX and see if they will all pick up this common addons and userdata folders. YEA BABY!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interesting thing happened on installing Frodo!0