The E450 What Are It's Limitations
Ok so after much browsing and reading of posts that end up off topic I am asking the question.

What are the limitations of the AMD E450 specifically the ASUS E45M1-I-DELUXE M-ITX.

My main question is what cant it do in comparison to an A6 chip such as the A6 3500 or the A6 3670 as I am trying to work out if the increased power usage for an always on system using the A6 CPU's is worth the gain in capabilities.

Intentional environment is windows with XBMC, SABNZB, and possibly a small amount of encoding if my main system is tied up with other work, Media will be local on hard disks in the system.

Thanks in advance.
A6-3500 destroys the E450 platform,,,
but how much hotter and how much more power ? and how much destruction are we talking ? godzilla vs tokyo destruction ??
(2012-04-05, 04:39)nullscience Wrote: but how much hotter and how much more power ? and how much destruction are we talking ? godzilla vs tokyo destruction ??
Well, you can verify the spec......

A6-3500 APU, you'll get better GPU (HD6530D) and triple-core 2.1GHz CPU....

E450, you'll get lesser GPU (HD6320) and dual-core 1.65GHz CPU.....

You'll have smoother playback/UI with A6-3500 than E450. You'll be able to enjoy more skins with A6-3500 than E450. You'll be able to rip/convert blu-ray faster with A6-3500 than E450.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok so that’s what i was looking for E450 so your saying doesn’t smoothly handle UI and it will not handle some of the fancier skins and by that i am assuming it may have trouble with some 1080 rips or streaming if its going to have an issue with the UI.....

I guess that next question is it worth the extra cost to go to the higher end A6 cpu's over the 3500 or is the increase in ability minimal ?
(2012-04-05, 06:45)nullscience Wrote: I guess that next question is it worth the extra cost to go to the higher end A6 cpu's over the 3500 or is the increase in ability minimal ?
If you are planning to do multi-tasks (watching blu-ray disc while ripping/converting blu-ray in the background), A6-3670K will be your best choice- AMD A6-3670K Unlocked Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core or AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The E450 What Are It's Limitations0