User interface design omission causes frustration
I have changed from "keep original title" to "USA / International" for my movie scraper, thank you.
This fixes the problem unfortunately only after forcing a refresh for the movie, doesn't do it in a regular scan, nor does it just flip a bit in the XBMC database and rename it automatically.

I suppose this isn't a huge deal! but it's a bit of a shame - might I suggest the default be set to USA / International?
(2014-01-12, 16:02)AbRASiON Wrote: another way would be to allow users to rename a film (without re-indexing the entry) - effectively setting a custom name / nickname.

This feature has been present since forever.

AbRASION Wrote:might I suggest the default be set to USA / International?

Not everyone is from the US. People from non-English speaking countries tend to have more domestic movies and for these the original title is the only one that makes sense.
I'm not from the US either, yet I think it's completely valid, the native title to some of these films is quite complex.
the settings for the included default scraper (tmdb) does not have "keep original title" enabled by default. you seem to be using the universal movie scraper which is not part of the default xbmc install and must be downloaded separately and purposefully. and if you're going through the trouble of downloading a scraper specifically for its ability to customize what information pulls from what service you can pick what title you want. but regardless, since this is not a default bundled scraper you should bring it up in the scraper thread.

and as negge mentioned, xbmc has had an "edit title" function since forever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User interface design omission causes frustration0