• 4(current)
Improved UPnP serving and client
(2012-09-23, 20:49)alcoheca Wrote: Sadly as there's no pictures library in XBMC, there's no sharing of photos. I don't know why this has never been tackled in all honesty..

...Yet Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141169
(2012-09-24, 02:53)garbear Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 20:49)alcoheca Wrote: Sadly as there's no pictures library in XBMC, there's no sharing of photos. I don't know why this has never been tackled in all honesty..

...Yet Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141169

Amazing, I really hope this is adopted soon Smile
Low priority request:
I noticed when browsing available UPnP servers on my TV that some of them are listed with a branded icon. Would be nice to have such an icon for XBMC as well.
hi, that's done and here:

https://github.com/alcoheca/xbmc/branches
Can't wait for this round of merges.
Awesome!
Hi Alcoheca,
great to see your PR's have been committed! Does sorting also works for pictures over UpNP?

and

(2012-06-29, 14:02)Robotica Wrote: Great project Alcoheca!

Can you tell if picture streaming over UPNP is also part of your plans? Unlike video and audio, pictures aren't stored in a database but they (and their metadata) are cached, which has recently changed drasticly.

As far as I know picture streaming over UPNP in XBMC Eden/Frodo is fixed but needs some work also.

Can you tell something about your plans related to UpNP and pictures?
that fixed viewing photos from a non-xbmc server. We've never served photos to other devices as we don't have a photos database.
I see. As I understand it wouldn't make sense to serve photo's from XBMC's cache (instead of the database).

But refreshing directory listings when viewing for example, is that something you plan for? See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95215

just curious....
Yes that's fixed in my upnp-caching branch
For a (more) complete (and simple) UPNP overview (for pictures):
If a UPNP server is discovered, a client connection is established. Then viewing all metadata is possible (with the sort criteria passed by client devices, falling back to the default sort method specified in GUIViewState). Directory listings are updated automaticly. Then it should be possible to invoke XBMC features like slideshow...

Not possible:
Databasing pictures using XBMC, serve pictures to other clients (needs pictures to have a database first, manipulate metadata.

Btw, the UPNP wiki is wrong in the section UPNP in XBMC. It states XBMC can stream pictures.
Kind of hard to serve other clients pictures from a database without a picture database...

Btw, it's called a wiki for a reason Wink
maybe serving from cache is an option, dunno... And i am not allowed in the wiki but i let men know anyway.
(2012-10-04, 10:15)Robotica Wrote: ...And i am not allowed in the wiki but i let men know anyway.

Anyone is allowed in the wiki...
Just updated to todays (october 12th) nightly to test out all the new UPnP features added this week, and found that UPnP is nearly completely broken at the moment:

TV - Panasonic ST50
1) In the list of available servers, XBMC is missing it's icon (not sure if support for that was part of the recent device icon commit or not)
2) Video Library is empty
3) Music Library:
Artists > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Albums > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Songs > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Genres > Power Metal > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"

AVR - Pioneer VSX-921
1) Video Library is empty
2) Music Library
Artists > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Server Error"
Albums > Carolus Rex > Gott Mit Uns > Result: Song plays
Songs > Gott Mit Uns > Result: Song plays
Genres > Power Metal > Sabaton > Result: "Server Error"

Notice that the TV and the AVR fails at different "depths".

Is this a known issue?

I'll upload some logs in an hour or two.
(2012-10-12, 18:11)sialivi Wrote: Just updated to todays (october 12th) nightly to test out all the new UPnP features added this week, and found that UPnP is nearly completely broken at the moment:

TV - Panasonic ST50
1) In the list of available servers, XBMC is missing it's icon (not sure if support for that was part of the recent device icon commit or not)
2) Video Library is empty
3) Music Library:
Artists > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Albums > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Songs > Result: "Connection to the server failed"
Genres > Power Metal > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Connection to the server failed"

AVR - Pioneer VSX-921
1) Video Library is empty
2) Music Library
Artists > Sabaton > Carolus Rex > Result: "Server Error"
Albums > Carolus Rex > Gott Mit Uns > Result: Song plays
Songs > Gott Mit Uns > Result: Song plays
Genres > Power Metal > Sabaton > Result: "Server Error"

Notice that the TV and the AVR fails at different "depths".

Is this a known issue?

I'll upload some logs in an hour or two.

Is this a windows build? There might be an issue with path delimiters on windows meaning the icons don't work. I'll ask someone to check.

Logs would be good for the other problems.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved UPnP serving and client0