• 25(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
its pretty str8 forward MrKAY.

im not sure Beer40 will be active anymore in here...

he's getting tired of answering the same questions over and over :/

and quite frankly, im in the same boat as him currently Tongue

i might take a break for awhile...

I just found a a8 3820 used for around £17 more should i go for this. So i can play some latest games as well
Sorry guys for asking the same old questions. Without you guys i don't know what i would have done and sorry if i caused you guys any trouble
(2012-04-30, 03:09)MrKay Wrote: I just found a a8 3820 used for around £17 more should i go for this. So i can play some latest games as well
Sorry guys for asking the same old questions. Without you guys i don't know what i would have done and sorry if i caused you guys any trouble
What are you waiting for? It's the same low power APU, but more powerful......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks blu gonna go for this
Well people have a great build..... remember what ever you are happy with then go for it!

I am tired posting and posting the same thing! You have my guide hoped it helped you.

This forum used to be a nice one but now I am not liking it at all.

Wrong suggestions... and so on and on....

Happy building!!!!!!

I'll take a break!

MrKay I would be happy to help you.....

i'll take some BIOS pics....

Just need a little break.....
Thanks beer
(2012-04-30, 04:05)Beer40oz Wrote: This forum used to be a nice one but now I am not liking it at all.

Wrong suggestions... and so on and on....

Just need a little break.....

your right, back then when Poofy & bmcclure937 were here and stuff, it was awesome,
now we see 80mm fans and Ivy Bridge builds getting pushed on users..

and like you said,
Were treated like people that give wrong suggestions and stuff from an anemic E350 user...

the same who asked for our help for his 1st htpc build back then
and who makes comments like 'im waiting for it to die before getting a new htpc' ,,,

jesus, if one can sell cars, one can sell HTPC's too!
I am building a A6-Pack but cannot get the hyperx memory... I have a few options but they all seem physically large... How much space is there for ram? The hyperx is 30mm high... would 40mm height fit?

Any info on this would be appreciated...
(2012-04-30, 07:48)eskro Wrote: your right, back then when Poofy & bmcclure937 were here and stuff, it was awesome,
now we see 80mm fans and Ivy Bridge builds getting pushed on users..
Man, you keep going back to stuff dated over a year ago. In electronics term, it is eternity. If you work in Electronics Company, you know what I mean. They are doing NPI constantly, and new things come out none stop. Stuff is not the same a year later…..

You keep going back to fan stuff too. As it show in my tests (post #353), HTPC with AMD CPU cooler, case fan and PSU fan have zero noise at seating area.......

As I said, different people like different thing. There are AMD people, Intel people and Apple people..... And nobody is right or wrong. They can go for whatever makes them happy, and there is nothing wrong with that......

As you can see in automobile, there is no standard engine with 40+mpg in the old day.....there are plenty of them today.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-30, 17:08)bluray Wrote: As it show in my tests (post #353), HTPC with AMD CPU cooler, case fan and PSU fan have zero noise at seating area.......

thanks but i dont need your test to tell me if i find my cooler noisy or not.
i got ears to do so.
(2012-04-30, 19:01)eskro Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 17:08)bluray Wrote: As it show in my tests (post #353), HTPC with AMD CPU cooler, case fan and PSU fan have zero noise at seating area.......

i got ears to do so.

I have to agree on this one with Eskro.... because I have tested and I know for sure what keeps cooler and less noise to me.
So I drunk-ordered my first built based on this thread.
Thanks Beer40oz (and the rest of the hardware dudes). Now its just a matter of waiting for the parts to come.
My only question so far is - whats up with the creepy rabbit in the background of this pic? http://imgur.com/a/Ib1Op#9
(2012-04-30, 19:17)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:01)eskro Wrote:

i got ears to do so.

I have to agree on this one with Eskro.... because I have tested and I know for sure what keeps cooler and less noise to me.

I still don't understand why you guys have your HTPC out in plain view. Just hide it in a closet or cabinet. If this is a "Home Theater PC", then make it like a theater, and hide your gear. You should only see a screen and MAYBE some speakers. If your gear is tucked away properly, noise is a non-factor. Although, cooling becomes more important. My stock fan is doing the job for cooling, though.

Nice thread, beer! Your HTPC is awesome! If anyone with a $400 budget asks, I link them to this thread right here. Big Grin
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
(2012-04-30, 19:26)g8m3r Wrote: So I drunk-ordered my first built based on this thread.
Thanks Beer40oz (and the rest of the hardware dudes). Now its just a matter of waiting for the parts to come.
My only question so far is - whats up with the creepy rabbit in the background of this pic? http://imgur.com/a/Ib1Op#9

LOL.... that wood bunny was given to me when my Homer bunny passed away! I love animals.... i miss her.... JAJA Drunk ordered.... (most people had...) lol...

(2012-04-30, 19:28)maddog808 Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:17)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:01)eskro Wrote: thanks but i dont need your test to tell me if i find my cooler noisy or not.
i got ears to do so.

I still don't understand why you guys have your HTPC out in plain view. Just hide it in a closet or cabinet. If this is a "Home Theater PC", then make it like a theater, and hide your gear. You should only see a screen and MAYBE some speakers. If your gear is tucked away properly, noise is a non-factor. Although, cooling becomes more important. My stock fan is doing the job for cooling, though.

Nice thread, beer! Your HTPC is awesome! If anyone with a $400 budget asks, I link them to this thread right here. Big Grin

LOL Rofl I love to see my HTPC box.... it's beautiful.... maybe when I get rich and get a room just for my theater.... then I might rethink about it! But the only thing in the closet now its my server..... cool thanx for linking.... (maybe if the case was ugly then i'll hide it).....
(2012-04-30, 01:04)CpTHOOK Wrote: Hey guys....

Not to diminish my friend Beer40oz build at all, but IMHO, this fan noise issue has been unnecessarily sensationalized hype and the need for exotic aftermarket coolers are not always necessary. A more important focus should be on cost reduction! I mean.......unless your HTPC is always-on or you need to consider space in your case, Y the need for a super-quiet cooler option when you're watching a movie? I saved $40 on my "A6-Pack" build by sticking with the stock cooler. Now, some may disagree with my opinion as it their right to do so, but I will never again make an aftermarket cooler a priority feature unless the build will be placed in an area where noise reduction is paramount...ie., bedroom!

....cheers
+100.....you literally took the words out of my mouth. I built AMD A8-3850 HTPC with the help of these guys. With "Cool N Quiet" option and lower the fan level to 3 in AsRock bios, the stock AMD CPU cooler and stock Silverstone case/psu fans are very silent. It keeps CPU running cool too.

There is no noise whatsoever at the seating area. I placed the sound level meter on top of the HDTV, which is right on top of HTPC and there is zero noise from HTPC.

If you want to save a few dollars, I'm suggesting trying the stock fan with “Cool N Quiet” option and lowering the fan level to 3. You'll be fine.

• 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10