• 31(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
Well I chatted with newegg.... they are paying my shipping back and 100% refund on my ram. Should get the Crucial Ballistix in the mail soon. As of the moment the one stick that is good the system has not turned off on me. Smile

RAM RAM why RAM oh WHY.... lol......
Hello all, very impressed with this build OP, pieced together very similar HTPC because of this thread and very happy (except for below).

Just FYI, I purchased a Silenx EFZ-100HA1 Low-Profile Cooler (@ Tigerdirect Retail) and it fits perfect. No cutting and runs silent!

I pieced together this weekend, all of the build seemed to be going perfect till it came to video . I really hope someone can help, getting everything tucked into this case nicely I really don't want to pull it out to RMA, would be PITA . All of my specs are posted at bottom.

When I initially installed Windows and setup/installed drivers, I had to use the onboard VGA since HDMI wasn't displaying. I figured the bios probably just needed an update so I waited till after setting up to try and fix. I flashed current bios, v1.50, and also updated ATI drivers for "Vision" to latest. Within management, HDMI is loaded properly with correct drivers and is Enabled. When going into "Playback devices", HDMI Audio Output is listed but says "Not Detected".

I have tried 2 different HDMI cables, both tested working. I've also tried inputting the HDMI through my Denon AVR1612 receiver as well as HDMI connected directly to my TV inputs. Nothing seems to be working, and I have been going to "Detect Display" whenever I change anything to see if output device will detect (only shows VGA monitor). Wondering if maybe I'm missing something, HOPING, since it seems to send some signal for 20 seconds (blank screen on TV) then goes to blue screen where it states "No video signal".

Any help would be appreciated a ton, sorry for long post, just didn't want to leave anything out!

Specs
Motherboard: ASRock A75M-ITX (FM1)
Motherboard BIOS version: v1.50
Processor: A6-3500
Memory: Corsair VengeanceLP 1.35 1600mHz @ 1.65v 1866mHz
Video Card: Onboard
Hard Drive: Patriot Torx 2 32GB SSD
Optical Drive: Panasonic UJ240 Slim Blu-Ray
Case: Antek ISK-300-150
Cooler: Silenx EFZ-100HA1 Low-Profile Cooler
Sound: Onboard
Monitor: Vizio 47 through Denon AVR-1612
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64 w XBMC 11
(2012-05-07, 18:51)Beer40oz Wrote: Well I chatted with newegg.... they are paying my shipping back and 100% refund on my ram. Should get the Crucial Ballistix in the mail soon. As of the moment the one stick that is good the system has not turned off on me. Smile

RAM RAM why RAM oh WHY.... lol......

I'm using the same Crucial RAM, it certainly "looks pretty"! Smile
IConformed....

So you installed Catylast right?

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...loads.aspx

and you gave 512MB shared to the video in bios?

oh yes the Silenx EFZ-100HA1 is nice too! but it don't keep temps where I like low!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEzobTO2Q7c

So lets gets yours working so you can be happy..... I too now have to RMA RAM as you read.....
(2012-05-07, 19:31)iConformed Wrote: When I initially installed Windows and setup/installed drivers, I had to use the onboard VGA since HDMI wasn't displaying. I figured the bios probably just needed an update so I waited till after setting up to try and fix. I flashed current bios, v1.50, and also updated ATI drivers for "Vision" to latest. Within management, HDMI is loaded properly with correct drivers and is Enabled. When going into "Playback devices", HDMI Audio Output is listed but says "Not Detected".
Can you un-install AMD CCC? Try install this "AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2" from AsRock website instead.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-07, 20:10)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 19:31)iConformed Wrote: When I initially installed Windows and setup/installed drivers, I had to use the onboard VGA since HDMI wasn't displaying. I figured the bios probably just needed an update so I waited till after setting up to try and fix. I flashed current bios, v1.50, and also updated ATI drivers for "Vision" to latest. Within management, HDMI is loaded properly with correct drivers and is Enabled. When going into "Playback devices", HDMI Audio Output is listed but says "Not Detected".
Can you un-install AMD CCC? Try install this "AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2" from AsRock website instead.....

Yes he needs the all in one for the mother board (drivers)..... and he also needs catylast...... catylast is not included in the all in one....

(2012-05-07, 20:15)Beer40oz Wrote:

Yes he needs the all in one for the mother board (drivers)..... and he also needs catylast...... catylast is not included in the all in one....

This is absolutely correct. I could not for the life of my figure out why I had a generic driver for my display. Then figured out that the motherboard doesnt realize the 3500 has graphics as well. The amd self downloader is a pretty neat program.

I am frustrated with OCZ right now becuase from everything I have read, their drives are awesome when updated to the most current firmware. However, you cant update it through windows as a primary drive, so you must use their linux boot iso to do it. No matter what I try, I cannot get my machine to recognize it as a bootable Iso. So frustrating.

Guess I will be rolling the dice with the original firmware for now. Sad
I used these instructions without issue ...

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/...-OCZ-SSD-s

Odd that your computer won't recognize it.

Yes, but one thing at a time. Always start off with the mobo suggested driver first, and then update the latest CCC driver using their auto detect option- AMD Driver Autodetect.....

Thanks guys for the quick replies! I'll start messing with it again when I get home from work. I'll uninstall all AMD drivers, run Phyxion Driver Sweeper and then install All-In-One --> Catalyst Control Center (12.4). I do have the 512MB selected,

I'm hoping installing again fixes, though I figured it was a bios issue because I don't get any video from HDMI on post. Shouldn't I get output during boot if it was a driver issue?

(2012-05-07, 19:48)Beer40oz Wrote: IConformed....

oh yes the Silenx EFZ-100HA1 is nice too! but it don't keep temps where I like low!

So lets gets yours working so you can be happy..... I too now have to RMA RAM as you read.....

Yeahp, temps aren't anything special but I couldn't find either of the Scythe's in-stock online. Saw it at Tiger when I was buying the processor and figured it was worth picking up and trying since I was there. Will move to something better down the road, but it's keeping everything quiet and around stock temps so I'm pretty happy.
[/quote]

(2012-05-07, 23:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 20:10)bluray Wrote: Can you un-install AMD CCC? Try install this "AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2" from AsRock website instead.....

Yes, but one thing at a time. Always start off with the mobo suggested driver first, and then update the latest CCC driver using their auto detect option- AMD Driver Autodetect.....

Okay, thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to do it that way then
(2012-05-07, 23:45)iConformed Wrote: Thanks guys for the quick replies! I'll start messing with it again when I get home from work. I'll uninstall all AMD drivers, run Phyxion Driver Sweeper and then install All-In-One --> Catalyst Control Center (12.4). I do have the 512MB selected,

I'm hoping installing again fixes, though I figured it was a bios issue because I don't get any video from HDMI on post. Shouldn't I get output during boot if it was a driver issue?

(2012-05-07, 19:48)Beer40oz Wrote: IConformed....

Yeahp, temps aren't anything special but I couldn't find either of the Scythe's in-stock online. Saw it at Tiger when I was buying the processor and figured it was worth picking up and trying since I was there. Will move to something better down the road, but it's keeping everything quiet and around stock temps so I'm pretty happy.

(2012-05-07, 23:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 20:15)Beer40oz Wrote: Yes he needs the all in one for the mother board (drivers)..... and he also needs catylast...... catylast is not included in the all in one....

Okay, thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to do it that way then
[/quote]

Auto detect? dude just get the catylast suite I linked you.....

Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4

this is for 64 bit...

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
I am contemplating joining this club, but I have a lot of questions.

1.) Antec ISK300-65 out of stock on NewEgg + Amazon. Any other trusted sites or compatible cases?

2.) ASRock 175M-ITX or ASRock A75M-ITX FM1?

3.) I have a 200gb 2.5 gb hard drive in a external case. With the SSD failures I'm reading about, should I just take it out of the case and use that?

4a) I want to have a dedicated NAS, possibly with unraid. I have a 2003 era Dell P4 with 1 gb ram, with 500 gb storage. I'm planning on removing the DVD drives and entering in a few more drives with a SATA controller. Should I open it up, clean the dust bunnies and throw them in there?

4b) Do you think I'll need another PSU (impossible cause it's a Dell case...)?

4c) Can it handle SABnzbd/SB/CP or should these programs be running on the HTPC?

4d) If not, any reason why I can't take this A6 build, stick it in a larger case/motherboard, and make it my NAS too?

5) I like linux. But OpenELEC seems slow on A6 according to others. Thoughts? Win8?

6.) Anyone tried power line ethernet to connect their NAS to their HTPC for 1080P? If my NAS and HTPC are separate machines, I will be unable to connect them with CAT5.

Thanks!
(2012-05-08, 02:32)docholiday Wrote: I am contemplating joining this club, but I have a lot of questions.

1.) Antec ISK300-65 out of stock on NewEgg + Amazon. Any other trusted sites or compatible cases?

Ebay.... I been looking for one. And they are all gone!

2.) ASRock 175M-ITX or ASRock A75M-ITX FM1?

FM1 look at my first post....

3.) I have a 200gb 2.5 gb hard drive in a external case. With the SSD failures I'm reading about, should I just take it out of the case and use that?

LOL use what I use...

4a) I want to have a dedicated NAS, possibly with unraid. I have a 2003 era Dell P4 with 1 gb ram, with 500 gb storage. I'm planning on removing the DVD drives and entering in a few more drives with a SATA controller. Should I open it up, clean the dust bunnies and throw them in there?

Unraid

4b) Do you think I'll need another PSU (impossible cause it's a Dell case...)?

4c) Can it handle SABnzbd/SB/CP or should these programs be running on the HTPC?

Have just a dedicated HTPC for HTPC

4d) If not, any reason why I can't take this A6 build, stick it in a larger case/motherboard, and make it my NAS too?

MMmm

5) I like linux. But OpenELEC seems slow on A6 according to others. Thoughts? Win8?

6.) Anyone tried power line ethernet to connect their NAS to their HTPC for 1080P? If my NAS and HTPC are separate machines, I will be unable to connect them with CAT5.

Thanks!

(2012-05-07, 23:36)bluray Wrote: Yes, but one thing at a time. Always start off with the mobo suggested driver first, and then update the latest CCC driver using their auto detect option- AMD Driver Autodetect.....

(2012-05-08, 02:02)Beer40oz Wrote: Auto detect? dude just get the catylast suite I linked you.....

Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4

this is for 64 bit...

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
That is what auto detect is designed to do.....it'll do that automatically. If your CCC driver is up to date, it'll let you know too.....Nod
You guys are the best Love! Not sure why my initial install didn't work, I'm guessing it was because I was overzealous and downloaded latest drivers for everything, so probably missed something along the way.

What I did was uninstall all realtek audio and AMD drivers. Then I ran Driver Sweeper 3.2.0 to clean out anything left behind from those drivers, reboot and then ran CCleaner to cleanup reg. Installed AMD All-In-One followed by Catalyst and Realtek drivers, reboot computer and BAM - Climax! I've got freakin HDMI output.

I often overlook simple troubleshooting as I deal with computers day in and out, since I always figure I'm right. Sometimes I need the obvious pointed out to me, in this case the slew of drivers isn't completely straight forward so I appreciate everyone's guidance.

Now to start setting everything up and testing this little monster out - Thanks again all whom responded Nod
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10