• 34(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-09, 17:35)Bobur Wrote: Just want to say i built a system with almost identical specs as OP. Thanks for the detailed information and guides! Made the install quite easy. (BTW i don't have a 'thanks' button yet else i would have clicked yours!)

Antec ISK300-65
Asrock A75M
AMD A6-3500 (why would anyone need faster)
Scythe Shuriken (regular one)
8GB Corsair 1600 Ram
Corsair 128GB SSD

Only thing left to do is remove the god awful case fan. Not sure whether to get Noctua or Sharkoon. Any thoughts?

Oh wow your stock case fan is loud? at the lowest setting?

Mine is not!..... wonder why......

I actually now ordered new RAM, my Kingsotne one sitck got defective..... Sad

Anyways..... when i redo it again..... I am going to take out the whole fan cage.....

You actually don't need it. And it looks cool you can see the inside.

I tested and the RPM's and temps lower too with out the cage fan.....

You can try taking it out.....

I know you got the regular Shuriken 1100 ...... give it a shot let us know your before temps and after temps also the RPM on the shuriken....

thanx......

Use this for temps..... with in windows....

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/52164566/file.html

(2012-05-09, 18:28)Beer40oz Wrote: You actually don't need it. And it looks cool you can see the inside.

I tested and the RPM's and temps lower too with out the cage

That's very interesting! Will give this a go myself Smile
(2012-05-09, 18:57)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 18:28)Beer40oz Wrote: You actually don't need it. And it looks cool you can see the inside.

I tested and the RPM's and temps lower too with out the cage

That's very interesting! Will give this a go myself Smile

Let us know your results..... please and the specs on your sytem..... I dont remember what everyone has..... Laugh
(2012-04-25, 16:56)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 11:29)Wookie Wrote: Hi guys, I am am a new poster here, but have been lurking for awhile. I wanted to say thanks for this great information. I just ordered this equipment and hope to haveit up and running soon. I am overseas working at an APO site, but hopefully I will get it all within 2 weeks Smile Thanks again!

Hey nice to know you like the A6-PACK... you will enjoy it.

(2012-04-25, 13:45)ChrisB76 Wrote: Nice build,

I will be looking into this as well, looks just too good :-)
Two questions I got:

* What brick do I need to get the 120W, I can't find any in Germany?!
* Why did you use W7 Professional, would the Home Version be enough or can't I get the OS slim enough and so fast booting?

Thx in advance!
Cheers,
Chris

Are you going to play games? if so the 90w should be plenty.... because it spike up to 80 something....

But are you just going to watch videos? surf the net? watch net tv..... stuff like that... even some games..... you can stick with the 65w brick that comes with the case.....
I been testing with the stock brick..... and it's all good.... (i am keeping the stock 65w on the A6-PACK)

Go check out my first page it has all been updated.....

(yes I did buy a 90w brick.... but I am using that one on my next build since I will be using it as a desktop and the CPU will be going 100% it will be a good match with it.)
Thx for your response!
Sorry for the delay, but I was stuck in hospital... So I gonna order that A6-Pack :-)

(2012-05-09, 18:28)Beer40oz Wrote: Oh wow your stock case fan is loud? at the lowest setting?

Anyways..... when i redo it again..... I am going to take out the whole fan cage.....

I know you got the regular Shuriken 1100 ...... give it a shot let us know your before temps and after temps also the RPM on the shuriken....

thanx......

The following numbers aren't exact but hopefully you get the idea:

I have the CPU fan set to 1 and to keep the CPU at 50C.

Without the case fan the CPU idles around 50C with fan at lowest speed, when idling on the XBMC screen the CPU heats up above 50C causing the fan to spin up. With the case fan the CPU is a lot cooler, around 40C and the shuriken fan is slower.

In my case without the case fan it can get noisier because the CPU fan spins up too much. With the case fan the temps are a lot cooler and the CPU fan always stays low.

I have very sensitive hearing though, a lot of my friends can't hear noises i complain about Smile A nice PWM case fan might help. I was thinking of dual PWM noctua's but they are expensive, otherwise the sharkoon but that doesn't come with a Y splitter as default. Should be quiet and keep the insides of the case nice and cool helping everything last longer.
Can some one share your bios settings
(2012-05-09, 23:46)Bobur Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 18:28)Beer40oz Wrote: Oh wow your stock case fan is loud? at the lowest setting?

thanx......

The following numbers aren't exact but hopefully you get the idea:

I have the CPU fan set to 1 and to keep the CPU at 50C.

Without the case fan the CPU idles around 50C with fan at lowest speed, when idling on the XBMC screen the CPU heats up above 50C causing the fan to spin up. With the case fan the CPU is a lot cooler, around 40C and the shuriken fan is slower.

In my case without the case fan it can get noisier because the CPU fan spins up too much. With the case fan the temps are a lot cooler and the CPU fan always stays low.

I have very sensitive hearing though, a lot of my friends can't hear noises i complain about Smile A nice PWM case fan might help. I was thinking of dual PWM noctua's but they are expensive, otherwise the sharkoon but that doesn't come with a Y splitter as default. Should be quiet and keep the insides of the case nice and cool helping everything last longer.

Ok well and you are using the 1100 Shuriken right?

That is why I recommend the Big Shuriken I have......

This temps are WITH OUT the cage fan:

Watching a 1080p video 34C and 800 RPM on the fan.... (super quiet is it on?)
Prime95 it goes to 50C and 1800 RPM on the fan.... (you can hear it)
At idle it goes to 17C and 600 RPM on the fan. (this is at on.)

And the temps I get watching a 1080P WITH the cage fan 32C... and fan 900RPM (and it's still super quiet)

And I am not lying.... The big shuriken is amazing.....

I will take a video of the temps..... to show you guys. Big Grin

BTW!!! My new ram is here too..... Smile

NO NEED FOR CAGE FAN.... TAKE WHOLE CAGE OUT......
CAGE OUT!!!!! FTW!!!!!!
Well ......

New RAM does the same thing.... it does a Hard Shut off...... even with the 90w brick.

So next.....

Tomorrow I will try a 350W supply and test with that..... if that works then It's time to get a PICO DE GALLO

if not a new mother board.....

So weird it worked for 3 weeks but that's electronics for you!

Weird also my 65w brick humms (buzzes a bit when powered off)

Here is a pic of the new RAM how nice it fits the BIG Shuriken 120MM (there is about 1/8" clearance left)
So that means the Kingstone I had was good.

(2012-05-10, 05:24)Beer40oz Wrote: Weird also my 65w brick humms (buzzes a bit when powered off)
If it is bad, it is time to install this beast: picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-10, 05:59)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 05:24)Beer40oz Wrote: Weird also my 65w brick humms (buzzes a bit when powered off)
If it is bad, it is time to install this beast: picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit....

We will see tomorrow!

Right now I am playing with a regular HD.... and it has not had a hard shut off.... about to stress in a minute.

Heard that some bad SSD's will mess up.

And that pico you showed me its cool.....

But I would like something that I can use my existing power supply bracket cord.....
also remember that I am moving to the UK that power brick from your link wont work over there. I can not change the cord on the back of the brick.

What I am talking about if you own a 300-65 and want to upgrade to a pico.... you can use the existing plug that will hook up to the PICO

So just disconnect from 300-65 and to the pico.... no need for other medications to the back of the case.

If it's possible.....

(2012-05-10, 06:26)Beer40oz Wrote: So just disconnect from 300-65 and to the pico.... no need for other medications to the back of the case.
If it's possible.....

I don't think that the Antec 19V DC-In Plug has the same size as the PicoPSU 12V DC-In Plug (but I did not check, maybe I'm wrong)

Nevertheless.. the less interconnections the better, to remove the 19V Plug you only need to remove two screws, and the PicoPSU 12V plug fits perfectly in the hole (that's how I have it). My PicoPSU Power-wire is one piece thought (so it does not have two modules like the one you pictured)

I also removed the modular PATA/SATA plugs from the PicoPSU (I don't use them for anything).

I also advice you to remove the drive cage (if you don't need it of course). Air flows much better without it.

The case it's nice but it has two horrible design flaws. The first one is the included Power Supply. The length of the wiring is insane, and the cables are not even modular (so you can't remove the ones you don't use)

And the second one is the included fan. Is low-quality and way too pitchy, definitely not what you expect in a silent PC.

so remember i had the issue with my 135w a/c adapter not giving enought power? I ended up sticking the 250w power supply from a Apex MI-008 case I had laying around inside the Antec 300-65. It was a tight fit but it works; probably not safe tho.

I ordered the picoPSU 160XT and 192w a/c adapter earlier this week and it should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this will work and power my A8 3850. Will update tomorrow.
(2012-05-10, 14:59)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: I ordered the picoPSU 160XT and 192w a/c adapter earlier this week and it should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this will work and power my A8 3850. Will update tomorrow.
It should be perfect for A8-3850, and you should have some watts left for other add-on too…..
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-10, 14:25)deibit Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 06:26)Beer40oz Wrote: So just disconnect from 300-65 and to the pico.... no need for other medications to the back of the case.
If it's possible.....

I don't think that the Antec 19V DC-In Plug has the same size as the PicoPSU 12V DC-In Plug (but I did not check, maybe I'm wrong)

Nevertheless.. the less interconnections the better, to remove the 19V Plug you only need to remove two screws, and the PicoPSU 12V plug fits perfectly in the hole (that's how I have it). My PicoPSU Power-wire is one piece thought (so it does not have two modules like the one you pictured)

I also removed the modular PATA/SATA plugs from the PicoPSU (I don't use them for anything).

I also advice you to remove the drive cage (if you don't need it of course). Air flows much better without it.

The case it's nice but it has two horrible design flaws. The first one is the included Power Supply. The length of the wiring is insane, and the cables are not even modular (so you can't remove the ones you don't use)

And the second one is the included fan. Is low-quality and way too pitchy, definitely not what you expect in a silent PC.

Ok.... now this is becoming more interesting.....

Everyone here is having a flaw with the included 65W (supposedly 135W) stock psu......

I am mad at Antec... (but why I got the trouble 3 weeks later) I'll be testing later with a 350W supply ........

deibit what pico did you buy and where?

Oppps yes there are two screws to get the old one of on the back of the case..... nice.....

Well its nice that we can change to a PICO and have no troubles with the installation.... HOLE is already there.....

Also....

Thats not cool ur stock fan is pitchy..... mine is not.... but you know you dont even need the fan cage in there.... why dont you try taking it off and do some testing with out it?
(2012-05-10, 14:59)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: so remember i had the issue with my 135w a/c adapter not giving enought power? I ended up sticking the 250w power supply from a Apex MI-008 case I had laying around inside the Antec 300-65. It was a tight fit but it works; probably not safe tho.

I ordered the picoPSU 160XT and 192w a/c adapter earlier this week and it should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this will work and power my A8 3850. Will update tomorrow.

Cool.....

Man so your Apex supply works perfect? wow....

OK

the picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit you bought its the one Bluray on his link?
That one looks like the power plug will not fit the hole on the back of the case....
Let us know....
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10