• 36(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
beer i have no option for manual on cpu fan only have automatic mode and full on and for chassis fan settings i can change that to manual and it's on manual level 3 for fan settings and cpu fan settings at automatic and on level 3 as well. Plus i have updated my bios to 1.50
(2012-05-10, 21:05)MrKay Wrote: beer i have no option for manual on cpu fan only have automatic mode and full on and for chassis fan settings i can change that to manual and it's on manual level 3 for fan settings and cpu fan settings at automatic and on level 3 as well. Plus i have updated my bios to 1.50

That is strange.... you should be able to.....

You have the CPU fan connected right? to the right connection? disconnect the CASE chassis fan..... If you have it there you should take it off.
beer i have the cpu fan connected to cpu fan 1 where it says on the motherboard. And the case fan is connected to the sata like cables is that ok
This is where the cpu fan is connected

and this is where the case fan is connected to

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rvzcbq.jpg

And this is where the case fan is connected to

Well yes you got everything right.....

I wonder why you can not change the speeds in bios..... well hey I just checked my BIOS

and yes it does stay on Automatic MODE .... and the other is FULL MODE ON

just change the bottom ones....
Yeah i have changed the bottom one to. That's the case fan right? to level 3 same as cpu
(2012-05-10, 21:45)MrKay Wrote: Yeah i have changed the bottom one to. That's the case fan right? to level 3 same as cpu

Ok you got me lost....
Why the case fan? you dont even have anything hooked up to it.....

No the CPU fan.... what are your settings?
and what is the RPM's.....

We are trying to bring down the speed of the RPM on the CPU FAN.........

TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Target 1 and Target 3 see witch lowers it more.....

Im done..
Sad

OH YAH SAVE SETTINGS THEN COME BACK IN BIOS TO TAKE EFFECT
(2012-05-10, 19:48)MrKay Wrote: blu i just got a reply from the link i posted for the 160w pico psu and he said

"Hello,

I don't have any that are ideal for it (160w) as they just don't seem to be available. The only one that I have that will drive it to full capacity is 192w and is listed in my store."

should i go for it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Volt-192W-1...802wt_1132
They replied very quick. It seems to be a very good seller. That should be the correct power brick.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-10, 21:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 19:48)MrKay Wrote: blu i just got a reply from the link i posted for the 160w pico psu and he said

"Hello,

I don't have any that are ideal for it (160w) as they just don't seem to be available. The only one that I have that will drive it to full capacity is 192w and is listed in my store."

should i go for it

They replied very quick. It seems to be a very good seller. That should be the correct power brick.......

That part on the BACK to hook up.... looks to big.... you might not be able to use it on the STOCK hole on the case....
(2012-05-10, 17:47)Beer40oz Wrote: Everyone here is having a flaw with the included 65W (supposedly 135W) stock psu......
[...]
deibit what pico did you buy and where?
[...]
Thats not cool ur stock fan is pitchy..... mine is not.... but you know you dont even need the fan cage in there.... why dont you try taking it off and do some testing with out it?

Well, I did not expect much from the provided PSU.. I knew that I wanted to change it.. But I was surprised that it wasn't even able to power a d2700 platform (atom 2.13ghz + gt520)

I have a PicoPSU 90 from logicsupply http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/po...converters (they also ship from Europe if you also live here)

I use a 12v 120w powerbrick also from logicsupply. You should not use the same powerbrick that works for the antec case (that's 19v)

It works perfectly for me, but it might not work for your setup (those amd things are not really power efficient)

Trust me.. Your fan is also pitchy Smile it only depends on what your tolerance is and how noisy your other components are. I've mounting silent pcs for some years already, and the Antec fan is definitely low quality. It's definitely better than the stock fan found in the majority of cases, but not enough for a high quality htpc silent case like this one.

I have removed the complete fan cage and fan. I don't really need it for my setup.

(2012-05-10, 21:53)deibit Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 17:47)Beer40oz Wrote: Everyone here is having a flaw with the included 65W (supposedly 135W) stock psu......
[...]
deibit what pico did you buy and where?
[...]
Thats not cool ur stock fan is pitchy..... mine is not.... but you know you dont even need the fan cage in there.... why dont you try taking it off and do some testing with out it?

Well, I did not expect much from the provided PSU.. I knew that I wanted to change it.. But I was surprised that it wasn't even able to power a d2700 platform (atom 2.13ghz + gt520)

I have a PicoPSU 90 from logicsupply http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/po...converters (they also ship from Europe if you also live here)

I use a 12v 120w powerbrick also from logicsupply. You should not use the same powerbrick that works for the antec case (that's 19v)

It works perfectly for me, but it might not work for your setup (those amd things are not really power efficient)

Trust me.. Your fan is also pitchy Smile it only depends on what your tolerance is and how noisy your other components are. I've mounting silent pcs for some years already, and the Antec fan is definitely low quality. It's definitely better than the stock fan found in the majority of cases, but not enough for a high quality htpc silent case like this one.

I have removed the complete fan cage and fan. I don't really need it for my setup.

Thank you sir!

That is what I been saying the more silent the better....
I still don't know yet if it is my stock PSU...... but it might come that it is......

I am taking the CAGE out when I get it working again.....

Thank you.... I see that the PICO you bought fits the stock hole in the back of the case witch is nice and what I want.

What would you guess I would need from that website?

The 120 or 160 Pico.....

Nice they both have the same PLUG so it fits the case nicely.....

That website is nice....

Well they dont have the picoPSU-160 instock.....
Also the 120W Brick you got from them... is it good quality? fanless?
Well this is the one from EBAY that Blu has been posting.... it looks the same.....

Maybe it is best just to get the 160W not to have troubles on this build.....
(2012-05-10, 21:48)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 21:45)MrKay Wrote: Yeah i have changed the bottom one to. That's the case fan right? to level 3 same as cpu

Ok you got me lost....
Why the case fan? you dont even have anything hooked up to it.....

No the CPU fan.... what are your settings?
and what is the RPM's.....

We are trying to bring down the speed of the RPM on the CPU FAN.........

TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Target 1 and Target 3 see witch lowers it more.....

Im done..
Sad

OH YAH SAVE SETTINGS THEN COME BACK IN BIOS TO TAKE EFFECT

The case fan is conntected to this

and now my RPM is 1130 on level 1
Ok.... does it go lower on 3?
(2012-05-10, 21:53)Beer40oz Wrote:

"Hello,

should i go for it

That part on the BACK to hook up.... looks to big.... you might not be able to use it on the STOCK hole on the case....

Yeah that's the down side. But am looking for a one the will fit without me doing any mod but cant seem to find 1 tho

(2012-05-10, 22:11)Beer40oz Wrote: Ok.... does it go lower on 3?

No it goes lower on level 1 and on level 3 its around 1532 or some thing like that
(2012-05-10, 21:53)Beer40oz Wrote:

"Hello,

should i go for it

I pointed out the bracket for it in post #512......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
But i still have the case open and the ssd cage open and put on the side still plugged in. If i put the case om and the ssd cage on for some reason it shuts off after a while and the temps goes up
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10