• 40(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!

EVERYONE STOP DON'T BUILD YET..... HAVING SOME PROBLEMS GOING TO SEE IF A PICO DE GALLO FIXES THE ISSUE. SEEMS THE STOCK PSU INSIDE HAS PROBLEMS...
WILL UPDATE AS SOON...

IF SO IT WILL NEED SOME CHIPS TOO....

Updated first post.....

Get it....HuhHuhHuh?

With the A6-PACK
i was just about to put an order in to build this same machine. i think i will wait to see what you find now first. many thanks for being the guinea-pig for all of us! much appreciated!

also, been offered an asrock Z77E-ITX by a computer forum member (not this one). will this work in that case? am i better of sticking with the A75M-ITX? this board has wifi and hd audio which is appealing to me.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77E-ITX

thanks
(2012-05-11, 04:10)bensl Wrote: i was just about to put an order in to build this same machine. i think i will wait to see what you find now first. many thanks for being the guinea-pig for all of us! much appreciated!

also, been offered an asrock Z77E-ITX by a computer forum member (not this one). will this work in that case? am i better of sticking with the A75M-ITX? this board has wifi and hd audio which is appealing to me.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77E-ITX

thanks
Are you trying to build AMD APU or Intel HTPC? You're trying to decide on AMD and Intel mobos.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
to be honest, im no computer guru,hence my idea just to copy this build.

i just want a small htpc, that will be low power but perform well. i was going to add a usb wifi dongle to this build but i thought if the board has it that would be better - no??

thanks
(2012-05-11, 04:37)bensl Wrote: to be honest, im no computer guru,hence my idea just to copy this build.

i just want a small htpc, that will be low power but perform well. i was going to add a usb wifi dongle to this build but i thought if the board has it that would be better - no??

thanks
If you want to build the Intel i3-2120T HTPC, the AsRock Z77E-ITX motherboard should work. If you want to build the same HTPC as OP with AMD A6-3500, you need AsRock A75M-ITX motherboard......as OP said, Antec 300-65 is having a little bit of problem with the included PSU. If you want to use the same case, you might need to replace the original PSU with Pico PSU.....

FYI-

Premium picoPSU-160-XT w/AC-DC 12V 192W 16A should be a sure thing according to this build: A8-3850 and Asus F1A75-I Deluxe "Black Beauty". If it can handles AMD A8-3850 and HD6670, it should be able to handle any AMD APU.....Nod
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hey guys just wanted ad something about my limited experience. My asrock board started crashing on me about 3 days after setting it up. Iwent into bios and noticed that my memory which is 1600 was set at 1033 anyways i had asroch set to auto and no problem. i went back in later on and manualy set it at 1600 and it started crashing again so i set it to auto and havent had a problem sinse.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-05-11, 07:27)lagledavid Wrote: hey guys just wanted ad something about my limited experience. My asrock board started crashing on me about 3 days after setting it up. Iwent into bios and noticed that my memory which is 1600 was set at 1033 anyways i had asroch set to auto and no problem. i went back in later on and manualy set it at 1600 and it started crashing again so i set it to auto and havent had a problem sinse.

Witch power supply you are using?

Mine was also at 1033 or 1333 .... its in manual mode at 1866..... ummm ill test it to stock....
@ mrkay I have the sugo sg-05b and its dead silent. I mean u have to put your ear to it to check its on!
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
I built this system about 2.5 weeks ago, and haven't had any problems so far.
Asro A75M-ITX
AMD A6-3500 Radeon HD6530D FM1 BOX
Kingston D3 4GB 1600-999 XMP K2 KHX
Antec SK 300-65 Mini ITX
OCZ Vertex 2 60 GB

I bought this power brick to go with it: Toshiba 19V 6.3A 120W type PA3290E-3AC3

I have Windows 7 X 64 installed, with the latest XBMC Eden version, as well as one of the latest nightlies (to be able to play Hi10p anime encodes)

I have the same BIOS settings as OP, and the case fan still mounted inside (which I am going to replace by http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835610004

IMHO, would it be possible that the Antec case is manufactured on different locations?
I think it would be interesting to know in which part of the world people that are having problems with the PSU.
Seems to me people reporting problems with the PSU originate from the US/Canada, or have ordered from there.

I do have one small surplus: I work as an assembly mechanic in a ICT company, so I ordered all my stuff through the company I work for, leaving me with reletively easy ways to get broken parts replaced.
(2012-05-10, 19:24)bluray Wrote: Antec is probably targeted their 300-65 for the 35w TDP CPU as this "Intel Core i3-2120T Sandy Bridge 2.6GHz LGA 1155 35W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000".......

If that's the case, then Antec totally failed :lol:

As i wrote, I have a Intel Cedar Trail Motherboard (D2700 2.13Ghz + Gforce GT 520) and the PSU it's not powerful enough (and my CPU has a 10w TDP)

And I don't have anything else plugged in (other than a 32Gb mSATA SSD)

This PSU might be targeted targeted to the "old" generation Atom mainboards.

Nevertheless the case is great (one of the bests ever for a HTPC), you just need to customize it to your setup.

Sadly i wont be able to exchange my case. Since i have scratched the bottom bit of the case. Any way beer let us know if the psu works. I would have done it by now but don't have a psu or cant borrow one since most people i know have laptops
(2012-05-11, 12:59)MrKay Wrote: Sadly i wont be able to exchange my case. Since i have scratched the bottom bit of the case. Any way beer let us know if the psu works. I would have done it by now but don't have a psu or cant borrow one since most people i know have laptops

Oh man how did you scratch it? I am so anal when it comes to my equipment I take care of it.

I will let you know later on today if I don't get problems testing with a PSU......

This whole build for you has gone to the craps for you huh?
(2012-05-11, 13:11)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 12:59)MrKay Wrote: Sadly i wont be able to exchange my case. Since i have scratched the bottom bit of the case. Any way beer let us know if the psu works. I would have done it by now but don't have a psu or cant borrow one since most people i know have laptops

Oh man how did you scratch it? I am so anal when it comes to my equipment I take care of it.

I will let you know later on today if I don't get problems testing with a PSU......

This whole build for you has gone to the craps for you huh?

Yeah it has beer. I still have not tested a movie or any thing yet. Just trying to fix the problem at the moment. I left the ram in bios to auto let's see if this helps. So far i know my ram is working fine.

If anyone has a crucial M4 like i do. Do not use PartedMagic there is to many horror stories. Just a heads up
So sorry to hear about the power issues your having OG, but I wonder why you are the only one who's having them. Several folks have copied your build! Do you think your case is just bad, and if so, Y not just RMA?

Good thing the ISK-300 comes in both the 65w & 150w versions! Maybe update your guide to include both versions and explain the pro's and con's of both. I know your concerned about noise, but believe me, the ISK-300 internal 150w PSU is dead silent. The only audible noise from my build comes from the exhaust fan that both versions have attached. So far my "A6 Pack-150" build is flawless IMHO...and you could always include aftermarket cooler options for those with the high CPU temp placebo...lol

Don't worry Beer, you will get it together soon!Wink
(2012-05-11, 13:44)CpTHOOK Wrote: So sorry to hear about the power issues your having OG, but I wonder why you are the only one who's having them. Several folks have copied your build! Do you think your case is just bad, and if so, Y not just RMA?

Good thing the ISK-300 comes in both the 65w & 150w versions! Maybe update your guide to include both versions and explain the pro's and con's of both. I know your concerned about noise, but believe me, the ISK-300 internal 150w PSU is dead silent. The only audible noise from my build comes from the exhaust fan that both versions have attached. So far my "A6 Pack-150" build is flawless IMHO...and you could always include aftermarket cooler options for those with the high CPU temp placebo...lol

Don't worry Beer, you will get it together soon!Wink

I agree, wonder if you just got a bad case/PSU.

I used the stock PSU in my 150 for at least a month before I upgraded to the PicoPSU. Noise was not a problem and there was also no crashing at all.

I only upgraded to a PicoPSUto lower my power consumption, as the PicoPSU is more efficient than the stock PSU.

Also, Beer I saw it mentioned that you were trying to run a PCI-e graphics card too - why is that? Can't see what's wrong with the onboard graphics Huh
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10