• 43(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-11, 19:06)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 18:36)jack0w Wrote: Regarding PSU efficiency look at post #89 & #117

I can also share from my own experience running Prime95 this is the max wattage that was being drawn using stock PSU - 80w vs PicoPSU - 67w.

Sorry your having such issues, but you may want to consider RMA. As you can see below, the ISK300-150 internal PSU has no apparent efficiency issues! No need to spend exxtraa cheddar on PICO for this build! I'm not sure about Prime95...?? I will provide a test with this as well if it is something your referring to with regard to the ASrock MOBO and CMOS settings!

System Idle

XBMC with 1080p VID

Now I'm just being nosey... but what is that unit sitting next to your HTPC, showing what I presume is the power being drawn?

Is it a UPS? Have you got your whole Home Cinema setup tied into it? Tongue

One another note my Intel CIR has finally arrived from the states - wooo!

Will just have to find some time and brain power to get it repinned and installed Wink
(2012-05-11, 19:15)jack0w Wrote: Now I'm just being nosey... but what is that unit sitting next to your HTPC, showing what I presume is the power being drawn?

APC UPS RS-700

(2012-05-11, 19:15)jack0w Wrote: Have you got your whole Home Cinema setup tied into it? Tongue

Nope.... Just unRAID and "A6Pack-150" I shutdown unRAID to display power-draw of HTPC alone! Plugged unRAID into wall socket for demo!
This stinks for you guys Sad Good luck!

Mine is seemingly still running fine. Watched a couple movies straight thru w/o issue and haven't had any problems while working at the desktop updating and hacking about. I still have pagefile, system restore and all that junk turned on. Are your systems just straight powering off or blue-screening? Are any wires or components overheating?

A6-3500
Same Kingston memory from the first post -- set to 1866 and 1.5V in bios
Crucial M4 64GB
The Scythe 1100 fan and included case fan
Using the 90W PS from Ebay

Idle draw was 22-23W, at 1080P I think it was like 37W and 720p around 34W.

knock on wood!
JoeBar!

No BSOD..... just shut off....like you unplugged from the wall..... its random.....

Prime95 nope will shut off.....

Mine was fine 3 weeks.... Smile

Hope yours keeps going!

Beer do you think without out the bracket i can fit a Noctua NH-L12 which is 92mm with one fan ?
Did a few testing with power meter. On start up it goes up to 56w to 70w. Then just before login screen around 40w then once logged in and not doing nothing it's at 25w and some time goes to 40w. When it hits 70w to 73w computer shuts down and it happen on 53w as well shuts down. I think it's random
I like that idea beer since i wont use the bd drive in there. Don't need that bracket and the ssd can go where the picopsu is at now
of course UPS takes its time delivering today when i am home all day from work and waiting on my picoPSU.... other days when I am at work they deliver at like 1pm...
Looking at your specs from the first page, I don't see this build needing a picoPSU-150. I've run more on a 120W DC / 84W AC adapter. That means I had 84W to work with but even stuffed to the gills I never saw more than 70W using Prime95. Here's what I've run with a 12V 7A 84W AC adapter:

i3-2100
ASUS P8H61-I motherboard
4GB RAM
64GB SDD
250GB 2.5" HDD
slot-load DVD
PowerColor HD5450 GPU
USB IR receiver
USB RF keyboard receiver

Have you tried running a memory test?

Also, best $14.99 I ever spent was a PSU tester.

(2012-05-11, 22:02)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Looking at your specs from the first page, I don't see this build needing a picoPSU-150. I've run more on a 120W DC / 84W AC adapter. That means I had 84W to work with but even stuffed to the gills I never saw more than 70W using Prime95. Here's what I've run with a 12V 7A 84W AC adapter:

i3-2100
ASUS P8H61-I motherboard
4GB RAM
64GB SDD
250GB 2.5" HDD
slot-load DVD
PowerColor HD5450 GPU
USB IR receiver
USB RF keyboard receiver

Have you tried running a memory test?

Also, best $14.99 I ever spent was a PSU tester.

Oh yah... you have not fallowed my tread..... but yes got new memory same thing.....
It worked for 3 weeks.....
Even with a 90w brick same thing.....
And yes I have a PSU tester..... but i think mine dont work because even on a broken PSU it says its fine.... LOL
New memory passes 14 ALL PASS
I have installed xmbc but when i play a movie in 5.1 with digital cable the receiver switches on to 5.1 but then when movie is playing the sound goes and comes again and that's like every 2 secs. does anyone know what kind of codec i will need
xbmc has its own codecs
(2012-05-11, 22:54)eskro Wrote: xbmc has its own codecs

any idea what seem to be the problem since xbmc has its on codec

u mean COAX right?
No i mean optical cable sorry
Am new to xbmc just started today i was using plex before. Plus i cant get 5.1 from media player classic and the same thing happens the sound comes and goes at least xbmc switches on my 5.1 tho
try to get it working inside XBMC 1st.

u need to play with your audio options in XBMC.

check your device driver in audio settings.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10