Win Menus slow on powerful system. (Noob needs help)
My situation is as follows, I have recently built a new gaming pc and have discovered the beauty of XBMC in the process. I downloaded the newest release(v11) from the main page and installed. After I installed the software, when I launched XBMC I found that the menus were very laggy, this was with the default skin. I only have two movies on my harddrive, so I guess it isn't a database loading issue. I found that switching between menu layout change how much lag is involved, but there is always alot of lag. Switching over to the Aeon Nox skin, the skin I downloaded XBMC for, I found that this skin even lagged more. The menus are the only thing that lags though, movie playback in smooth. Also, I find that only 10% of my CPU is being used and barely half of my RAM. Below are my system specs and debug log:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX LGA1155
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Debug Log - http://pastebin.com/V7rQPLXf

Please help!
My feeling is that your graphic card is not handling the graphic moves for the skin. Update your driver and sniff around your O/S, I remember some messages a while back regarding the i3-i5 CPU and Intels on-board gfx having issues and some problems with gfx cards. Laggy skin graphics can be caused by the delivery system (driver), the blitter chips that deliver the gfx or the cpu that does some of the thrashing. To get to the bottom of this you really need to pull each out of the equation one at a time to try and pinpoint the offender. Clearly it's not skin related... and I doubt XBMC is.. if video is smooth (use the keyboard 'o' command while playing a video to see how that stands).
Stang if you figure this one out, Ill give you a cookie. I am having nearly the same issue with my Win 7 system.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
I understand what you are saying, but I am clueless as to where to start. I do know that my graphics drivers are up to date, but as for going about the process of pinpointing the problem, I am lost with that. Thanks for the reply though.
Try toggling the fake fullscreen / true fullscreen option in the settings to see if that helps.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
Are you driving a TV as second screen? What did the Keyboard 'O' while playing indicate if anything? Turn off everything in your CCC and try it without gfx acceleration (turn off DXV A playback while we try and work this out).Do some Google searches on the Intel handling of GFX perhaps they're leading you down the wrong path. Also you could try dirty regions in your advancedsettings.xml
(2012-05-30, 20:22)StangCeps Wrote: My situation is as follows, I have recently built a new gaming pc and have discovered the beauty of XBMC in the process. I downloaded the newest release(v11) from the main page and installed. After I installed the software, when I launched XBMC I found that the menus were very laggy, this was with the default skin. I only have two movies on my harddrive, so I guess it isn't a database loading issue. I found that switching between menu layout change how much lag is involved, but there is always alot of lag. Switching over to the Aeon Nox skin, the skin I downloaded XBMC for, I found that this skin even lagged more. The menus are the only thing that lags though, movie playback in smooth. Also, I find that only 10% of my CPU is being used and barely half of my RAM. Below are my system specs and debug log:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX LGA1155
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Debug Log - http://pastebin.com/V7rQPLXf

Please help!

Exact same problem as u...Also using Radeon card but 7870 on my egpu laptop. Very sure its driver related as when I switch to internal GPU (Nvidia), no lag what so ever...
I have tried all latest 12.4-12.6Beta Alpha wat ever drivers and still same problem with lag menu and slow response...

Even trying the nightly xbmc build but still same thing? Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menus slow on powerful system. (Noob needs help)0