Standard AVCHD m2ts files play with glitches
Thanks Ned and others for helping me out here...

I just tested CPU only decoding and it seems the even with the most deanding X264 the CPU has no problem, it even handles 1080p50! Unfortunately I do not have decent video editing software for this material but that is another discussion!

(2012-04-10, 08:41)Streamerke Wrote: THEN I simply disabled the "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" setting in XBMC => Problem GONE!
I think I want to use handware acceleration to get the best out of my system, right?
Congratulation...Nod

DXVA2 tend to work better with newer AMD card, but not so with Intel.....the rule of thumb; if it work without it, you don't need it....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-10, 16:34)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 08:41)Streamerke Wrote: THEN I simply disabled the "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" setting in XBMC => Problem GONE!
I think I want to use handware acceleration to get the best out of my system, right?
Congratulation...Nod

DXVA2 tend to work better with newer AMD card, but not so with Intel.....the rule of thumb; if it work without it, you don't need it....

I have the same problem even with DXVA2 turned off - m2ts 1080i home videos from Sony stutter. Actually, with DXVA2 ON there is no video at all.
My system is based on i3 2100 3.1GHz and Win7 x64.
Any ideas?
I've posted about this too. My 1080i/60 videos from my Sony Camcorder will not play correctly with DXVA2 enabled, and my CPU is not really powerful enough to play them otherwise. I had to configure MPC-HC as an external player for MTS files, and configure MPC-HC to use the Microsoft codecs in order to play them. I have a nVidia card. This was very disappointing me to that this was not fixed in Eden, as having an external player configured makes getting my remote to work that much harder.
Thanks for the replay relayer35. Frankly, I don’t understand why m2ts will not play correctly without H/W acceleration on my machine. During the playback the CPU is load does not go above 25% and also same files (size, bit rate, etc.) in mov format will play perfectly.
(2012-04-27, 09:13)NickoP Wrote: I have the same problem even with DXVA2 turned off - m2ts 1080i home videos from Sony stutter. Actually, with DXVA2 ON there is no video at all.
Any ideas?
Usually Intel don't work very well with DXVA2 enable.

Have you update Intel driver?

The easiest way to update intel driver is this- Run Intel Driver Update Utility. It'll automatically scan your HTPC and suggest the proper driver update for your i3-2100.....especially Intel Management Engine Driver.....

As the other guy suggested, you can give MPC-HC a try.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-28, 00:11)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 09:13)NickoP Wrote: I have the same problem even with DXVA2 turned off - m2ts 1080i home videos from Sony stutter. Actually, with DXVA2 ON there is no video at all.
Any ideas?
Usually Intel don't work very well with DXVA2 enable.

Have you update Intel driver?

The easiest way to update intel driver is this- Run Intel Driver Update Utility. It'll automatically scan your HTPC and suggest the proper driver update for your i3-2100.....especially Intel Management Engine Driver.....

As the other guy suggested, you can give MPC-HC a try.......

Bluray, thanks for the replay. I believe all drivers are up to date but I will check once again with Intel Driver Update. I can get that hardware acceleration may not work well on some platform. What I cannot understand though, is why m2ts will not play properly with it turned off. MKV files with twice as high bit rate and DTS will go through without a glitch!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Standard AVCHD m2ts files play with glitches0