ATV2 Mysql advancedsettings.xml
Hello everyone,

I have done a search on the forums and across Google, I have come up with the advancedsettings.xml file information but, I do not know how to make it/get it on the atv2. In all the forum searching and even looking at the wiki page, which is great, i do not know how to create the file on the atv2. I know what to put in there, just do not know how to get it there.

I am using a Synology DS2411+ got MySQL running everything is good to go I have a HTPC running great in the living room I just need to finish the ATV2 for the bedroom.

Am I stupid and every time I read the wiki my eyes skip over the part about how to get the .xml file to the ATV2?

Thank you for the help.

XBMC crew...DAMN you guys are great!
The big red bit on the wiki Wink "NOTE! This file will not exist unless created by the end-user, meaning YOU! "

Open up a text editor (notepad or the like) and create the advanced settings file yourself. (see examples here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml)

Then put the file onto your ATV2 into the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ folder.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Got all of that, except the part of putting it on the ATV2. How do I get the file on to the atv2? What commands or ftp or ash? Which way and how, step by step.
Same basic idea as: HOW-TO:Install an add-on from a zip file on ATV2 (wiki)
You'll need to use SFTP to create, edit or upload the file. < Guide >. (I use WinSCP instead)

Do so in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata directory like deanmv mentioned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Mysql advancedsettings.xml0