Req Stream Upload Speed Visual Indicator
I would like to request to be able to see what speed a particular source is streaming or more technically "uploading" at.

For example a video has multiple sources, and depending on location and server load can determine how much bandwidth that source can dedicate to your connection. So If I connect to source 1 and look at the video information provide by the OSD, this new feature would provide an easy visual indicator of the stream upload strength similar to many online games, so the user could tell easily if the stream is optimal or might experience interruptions. (1 small red bar for poor stream speeds, 2 yellow bars for average stream speeds, 3 green bars for excellent stream speeds)

Also, the exact value of that the client is downloading from the source could be listed in the "on screen video diagnostics" in Kbps or Mbps.

Another great option would be if the indicator values could be modified to a users liking under settings.
My network has 3 green bars.. Please ask your add-on dealer as this won't happen in core.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok, thanks. Just to clarify this isnt to show the kodi system connection quality to your network. Its a request to show the stream upload speed (kodi client download) of the selected source once the stream has started to play.

I will bring this request to the add-on devs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Upload Speed Visual Indicator0