Install problems.
I had XBMC on my windows 7 machine for a while and loved it. Then it would stop opening. So I uninstalled it and tried to re-install it but it would hang up on "execute: "C:/users/mike/AppData/local/temp/vcredist_x86.exe". I cannot get past this point. I love XBMC and would do anything to have it on my machine again. please help!

Thanks,
mike
that is being installed, how long does it hang?
It will not install. Ive let it sit over night. Ive been working on getting it fixed and i know it is hanging because of the microsoft visual C++ file and DirectX. Ive tried installing both programs separately and then installing XBMC but it still hangs. I really have no idea what to do.
What happens when you uncheck DirectX and visual C++ in the xbmc installer?
It should then skip that and just install xbmc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:What happens when you uncheck DirectX and visual C++ in the xbmc installer?
It should then skip that and just install xbmc

I can only uncheck visual C++. and then it hangs trying to install DirectX even though I installed it manually
elementtw Wrote:I can only uncheck visual C++. and then it hangs trying to install DirectX even though I installed it manually

Strange i can uncheck directx to even though it isn't installed. Maybe because i use the nightly build setup.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am in this exact same scenario with EDEN. Worked fine, then stopped launching. Re-installed, and it hangs at this vcredist_x86.exe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install problems.0