Linux Wireless Setup
I got xmbcbuntu installed but I am not sure how I can setup the wireless network?

I checked the system settings and network settings but I could not an option to set it up.
Are you checking this within XBMC? If so, you won't find the option there. You will need to exist XBMC (press S or select the power icon on the home screen) and enter the Ubuntu desktop, which will have network settings.
how can i get into the ubuntu desktop? which option is that?
Pretty sure that "Exit" is the option you want.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
After you select Exit as Plaguester said, you should be presented with a log-in window. There is a drop-menu below the username and password fields that lists Openbox, XBMC and XBMCbuntu. Select the "XBMCbuntu" option and log-in with your username and password. This should present you with a standard desktop and you should be able to select the network icon on the task bar in the lower-right corner to setup your wireless. You can then select Shutdown/Log-out to bring up the log-in window again and select the "XBMC" session so your system will once again boot directly in XBMC.
I'm having weird issues with my wireless adapter in that it works fine for about 10 minutes and then shuts down...

I have tried this with manual ip settings and DHCP and both times it just dies after about 10 minutes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless Setup0