• 16(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hi, thank you!
Scans the audio and the video sources for new library items is not yet managed with the app, I'm adding it to my TODO list.

You can bring up the context menu by long pressing the menu button when in a library view. That will bring up the context menu so you can initiate a libray update.
I think displaying the description for the XBMC Server in the box at the top would be more useful than the XBMC version. I have multiple and I'm never sure which the remote is connected to without opening that menu.

@live4ever: you are right, it will be done! thank you for your feedback.
Thanks, I guess I didn't really say it before - great app the remote control part is especially responsive.
Nice App.... But missing a button for Shuffle/Repeat in the "Now Playing"-View or the "Playlist". I often listen Music on the MediaCenter without turning on the TV. Sorting the Lists of Videos/Music would be nice. And support for more Languages too Smile

Greets

MadZeh

ps.: found a bug on ipod touch... if you open the remote control, then missclick on the volume-slider and the slider stays open while you click the "i"-button for info there is no possibility to get out of the info. Only Restart of ios helps
Thank you. I will add the Shuffle/Repeat buttons, I just have to find the right location in the interface Big Grin . About sorting the lists, I was thinking a long press to the section button to bring up some sorting option. More languages is a low priority task, but it's in the TODO list.

for the bug: you are right, I fixed it. In the meantime you can do a swipe gesture to come back from the remote, instead of restart the app (the swipe gesture from left or from right, works for every screen to navigate instead of pushing on the top navigation buttons). For example, while you are in now playing/playlist you can do a swipe gesture from right for display the remote control (there was no room for an arrow button in this particular view)
joethefox, the app crashes for me every time when I click on Movies. Other remote apps don't have any problem accessing my movie library. I don't have very many movies in there currently, and I'm not using MySql on a server. I have just sent you a PM with the pastebin link to the crash log. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

(2012-07-08, 20:30)rhinoTV Wrote: joethefox, the app crashes for me every time when I click on Movies. Other remote apps don't have any problem accessing my movie library. I don't have very many movies in there currently, and I'm not using MySql on a server. I have just sent you a PM with the pastebin link to the crash log. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

+1
Exactly the same config and same problem here !

The right Place for the shuffle/repeat Buttons could be a sliding menu called extras or options instead of the Single partymodebutton Smile And thx for this fast reaction Smile
@rhinoTV, ghoumard: I'm sorry for this. I've looked the crashlog but seems not very useful to discover the issue.

which xbmc version and which operating system are you running?

in the next few days should be out a new version where there are some optimizations. If the crash still remains, please contact me again to help me discover the issue. thank you for the patience.
(2012-07-09, 08:09)MadZeh Wrote: The right Place for the shuffle/repeat Buttons could be a sliding menu called extras or options instead of the Single partymodebutton Smile And thx for this fast reaction Smile
Done! When tapping on the music album cover some info are shown, here I've placed (when available) the two buttons for repeat/shuffle

XBMC 11.0-stable on ATV2
iPad 3 5.1.1
iPhone 4 5.1.1

If it helps, I have another AppleTV 2 with XBMC but no movies in the library and I can open the movies link (of course it shows no movies but at least it doesn't crash).
Understood. And it happens on both iphone and ipad i guess (it's the same code). If you PM your device udid (or both, as you want) I can send you a new debug version where there are some changes in that part to see if next release has solved the issue. Otherwise I've work to do!
This app is totally awesome, cheers to the author for donating this to the public!

I'm still seeing an old image that was used when xbmc had recognized the wrong TV serie for 'The Office (US)'. I've fixed that and xbmc itself is now showing all correct banners and posters for that serie, but the iPad app still shows the old wrong banner.

I suspect it's a caching issue; is there a way to invalidate the cache, or force a refresh for a particular entry? For example, something like pull-down-and-release in the details window. It feels a bit like overkill to remove the whole app and reinstall it in order to refresh an image... Wink
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8