• 78(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2013-04-08, 13:16)joethefox Wrote:
Quote:-Editing the buttons for the remote control.
-More pages for the remote control.
I tend to refuse this kind of customisation, which button/actions are you missing?

I checked EventGhost and most are custom stuff I use with my remote. The only thing I was missing was Context Menu, though that's apparently there already with long press. Blush
@asiuhasm, I admit that the context menu activation, while with button pad in the remote control, isn't very intuitive (without considering, however, that it is written in the quick help image). I think that if I add the long pressure gesture to the circle OK to activate the context menu (like in the gesture zone), could become a more intuitive task.
a new visualisation mode for the Recently Added Movies under development

Fantastic app! I'm only having one small problem.

For my TV shows, I can see the banner images/art for the show titles when I click on 'TV Shows' in the main menu, but when I click on a show to see the seasons and specials, I only see a grayscale placeholder rather than the poster image. Clicking on the info button in the lower right shows the poster artwork and background fanart just fine however. Also, all artwork appears to be displayed correctly on the TV itself when navigating.

I did a search and I saw a couple other people had similar issues that turned out to be related to version, but I'm running the 12.1 release with the latest app from the App Store. Should I be running a nightly? Any help would be cool, but if it's not fixable, I'll survive. Smile
@joethefox: I love that view. I understand the risks involved with doing it, but can we also have a view like that in the whole movie list. Also another feature I would like to see would be the ability to view trailers for each movie via the app. It's a little silly but I don't suppose huge to implement (you would know better than I) and I for one would like it
(2013-04-11, 01:16)Oxyg3n Wrote: @joethefox: I love that view. I understand the risks involved with doing it, but can we also have a view like that in the whole movie list. Also another feature I would like to see would be the ability to view trailers for each movie via the app. It's a little silly but I don't suppose huge to implement (you would know better than I) and I for one would like it

Joe, has already showed off this exciting up and coming trailer feature here.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1380820
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I've been having trouble getting my HTPC to wake up with a WOL message from the remote ever since upgrading from the beer can icon version. I looked into this a bit today and believe that the problem is with the MAC address. MikeW reported something similar in this post.

My laptop seems to get WOL packets just fine when it is running, but when it is sleeping it never wakes up in response to a WOL message from XBMC Remote. The WOL Magic Packet Sender app has a mode where it can listen for WOL packets. When it receives one it pops up a window that includes the MAC address it was sent to. This has window always shows my MAC on it when I send this from my router or other iphone WOL apps. However when I send it from XBMC remote it reports a MAC address of 000000000:

Joe the Fox mentioned that he was going to look at this when MikeW reported it, but couldn't replicate. Perhaps this extra info helps? Happy to provide any other info that might be helpful!
I just gave WOL a test using the remote app on my iPod and it worked fine. Have you double checked your settings to make sure the proper MAC address is entered? Maybe something changed in the settings durin your upgrade.
Yep..double and triple checked. Even tried playing with upper and lower case of the hex letters just in case that made a difference.

When you tested it, did you test that a WOL packet makes it to a running computer, or did you actually put a machine to sleep and wake it up with remote WOL? For me the former works, but not the latter.
After I upgraded to Frodo, the XBMC Remote on my iPad shows a thumbnail (grabbed from the media itself) instead of the poster for many movies. Anyone know how to fix this?
How do you get the movie poster view rather than the list on an iPad?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I've already posted in this thread with no joy Sad

I have the official xbmc remote app on my PC and it was working up until a few weeks ago but now it just can't find any hosts My setup is as follows:

- I have an old PC which is now my HTPC and it connects to the internet via a wireless adapter

- My main PC is the PC which has the Hard Drives that the HTPC accesses and this connects via ethernet (home plugs)

To be honest, it's all went **** up in regards to the remote ever since I got the homeplugs which I'm sure is just a conincidence.

I have the webserver in XMBC on and all of the correct settings enabled. I've changed the Ports on XBMC and tried a whole lot of different things and different apps.

The PC that XBMC is on is Windows XP and I've had the firewall switched on and off and no difference People have said to have a look at my internet settings so I went in (BT) and had a look and set the IP address to static but no change.

Would anyone have any clues?
Hello Group! XBMC NOOB here! Have installed XBMC Frodo under Linux Mint 14 and all well there! I have been trying to get the XBMC Remote to work on an iPhone and am having problems. I am not able to connect to the XBMC server. I have followed the instructions on setting things up on the XBMC side. In XBMC Remote when I try to Add Host I can click the Find XBMC button and it populates the fields properly. When I go to try to connect I get the spinning thingy and it never connects. The XBMC box is connected via a wired ethernet connection to an Airport Router (actually a Time Capsule). I am wondering if it is a port issue, but that is just a very uninformed guess. Any help pleaseHuh

Peace,
stephen

EDIT: SOLVED. The issue was that the firewall under Linux Mint 14 was blocking port 8080. The Firewall Configuration program only shows its true status when it is "unlocked" and the default setting is to BLOCK all incoming. So I created a rule to open Port 8080 and all seems to be well! I hope this learning experience might be of some help to others ... Thanks for a GREAT media centre and a great Remote Control app! Very cool stuff!
hey im sure this has been addressed but i could not find it reading the few pages I already went though, after upgrading to frodo, the banners in the TV Show section look to be all cut off and not the same as before the upgrade. is there a fix for this yet? or a setting i should change within xbmc or the remote app itself?
thanks alot! sorry if this has already been addressed!!!

EDIT: Fixed itself after waiting for everything to download, too impatient! Sorry for the post!!!!
Hi Folks,

using xbmc on various devices, but only recently I came accross this app - which is really nice BTW.
Only - I can't really use it - as I cannot playback the content of my playlists.

Now - I think I have spent roughly a day looking for my problem in the forums and Wiki's - but have not found an indication on how I can playback all the songs of a playlist or a smart playlist as set up on the XBMC device.

On the regular xbmc interface (running under Linux, and the DB is MySQL), I have some smart playlists which involve the rating and the Artists. Impossible to playback more than one song using XBMC remote.
Here is how I try to play it back: I select the playlist in the XBMC Remote interface, then play back one of the songs - and I'd expect the next song (or random) song to follow. However, it does not work like that.

I managed to get one Album to play back completely by starting one song in the album, then go back on page, Hold down the finger on the Album Name long enough for the context menu to show up, and select "queue after current"...

Anyway. Kind of puzzled.
Anyone has a hint on what to check, do ? (what I have seen in the Wiki/Forums, I have already checked).
I hve spent quite some time setting up my playlists - but I can't get more than one song to playback ..

BTW - using XBMC on a RaspBerry PI (RaspBMC), Pivos Xios M3 and ATV 2... All show the same behavior ...
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8