• 8(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-09, 10:57)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 10:54)iDunc Wrote: Hi

Love XBMC on my Mac Mini and came across the Official XBMC Remote App, which is the perfect compliment to the whole experience, so thanks.. But..When I try to add my Mini to the remote app (after selecting No Connection - add host - find XBMC - confirm IP port and username/pass) it finds it and I can select it, so its got a tick next to ip but it still shows No Connection and therefor does not load my library!

Please help, what am I doing wrongHuh

Thanks in advance.
Hi !
are you using XBMC Eden (v11)? If so, check if username and password are matching with the ones configured under XBMC EDEN GUI > SYSTEM > Network > Services > Allow control of XBMC via HTTP > Username & Password

Thanks the lightning quick response joethefox.

Yes on Eden and I have confirmed all settings under that menu option, allow control, name, port user, pass but it still does not connect?

Could it be anything else?

Thanks
Ok, can you try to connect to xbmc via web browser?
url ex. http://user:password@serverip:serverport

and try to change username & password with only alphanumeric chars (if it isn't)
(2012-06-08, 23:41)amcfarla Wrote: Ok I tested it from the GUI, and it does take 30-60 seconds for the movies to come up the first time, but tv shows actually come up quite a bit quicker(under 10 seconds). Though once it comes up once, going back to the movies they come up within 5 seconds. I am not sure if using MySQL has slowed this up, because I definitely noticed a slow down when I started using the MySQL model for XBMC database. I hope this helps.
Once it come up once, going to the movies list with the remote app should work until disks goes in standby again (this is my suspicion). Can you verify that if XBMC GUI response is fast then the app response becomes fast too? thank you. if not, I will continue to investigate in other directions....

(2012-06-09, 04:56)JermZone Wrote: Thanks For This App!!! I love it on both my iPhone and iPad! So... where do I donate? This app is growing so awesomely I don't want it to stop!
thank you! here http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate should be fine for donations

(2012-06-09, 07:55)Zaragosa Wrote: Feature Request:

As in the version for Android, with Now Playing active you can touch anywhere along the timeline to jump to that point.

A similar feature would be appreciated.
added to the TODO list Wink

(2012-06-09, 07:58)pli6128 Wrote: I actually love a little eye candy, I like your jeans and I like Apples stitched leather and your cover art is fine. We are not living in the nineties anymore even if MS thinks so (hint: WP7) Big Grin

But I have a little request, it would be very nice, to be able to launch XBMC remotely via your app maybe with a little helper application running on the Mac/PC.

Big Grin, about launching XBMC remotely is something that I haven't yet study how to do, Give me a little time for this
Is it possible to add fast forward x4,x8x16 etc if you press the ff button insead of +30sec spamming? if so that would be a great improvement, dont know if its possible through the API though?
(2012-06-09, 13:50)Kiranos Wrote: Is it possible to add fast forward x4,x8x16 etc if you press the ff button insead of +30sec spamming? if so that would be a great improvement, dont know if its possible through the API though?
Already on my TODO list and yes, it's possible through the API!!! thank you for your feedback.
(2012-06-09, 10:54)iDunc Wrote: Thanks the lightning quick response joethefox.

Yes on Eden and I have confirmed all settings under that menu option, allow control, name, port user, pass but it still does not connect?

Could it be anything else?

Thanks

Had the same problem on my Mac Mini!

Just changed the port that xbmc uses to 8888 (anything other than 8080) and it started working.

Hope it works for you!
I think I found a bug, I just added a test archive with 600+ movies and let xbmc scan through these (files 100+ MB) and now when I have all these new entries in my database XBMC remote looses the connection between the XBMC 11.0 eden and the remote. It starts by saying xbmc 11.0 in the lower right corner, I press Movies and it goes to no connection. I dont see anything in XBMC's logs about it.
amcfarla Wrote:
"Ok I tested it from the GUI, and it does take 30-60 seconds for the movies to come up the first time, but tv shows actually come up quite a bit quicker(under 10 seconds). Though once it comes up once, going back to the movies they come up within 5 seconds. I am not sure if using MySQL has slowed this up, because I definitely noticed a slow down when I started using the MySQL model for XBMC database. I hope this helps."

Joethefox Wrote:
"Once it come up once, going to the movies list with the remote app should work until disks goes in standby again (this is my suspicion). Can you verify that if XBMC GUI response is fast then the app response becomes fast too? thank you. if not, I will continue to investigate in other directions...."

The problem is, the app for some reason will still not ever load up the movie or tv show library, even if I go to safari and bring it up that way and then go to the app to bring up the libraries.
(2012-06-09, 16:43)Kiranos Wrote: I think I found a bug, I just added a test archive with 600+ movies and let xbmc scan through these (files 100+ MB) and now when I have all these new entries in my database XBMC remote looses the connection between the XBMC 11.0 eden and the remote. It starts by saying xbmc 11.0 in the lower right corner, I press Movies and it goes to no connection. I dont see anything in XBMC's logs about it.

(@amcfarla too) I think you are exceeding the 30 seconds timeout. Next release (not the one just in review) will have 240 seconds of timeout for this unusually slow responses (mysql slow queries? here 600 movies are loaded in less than 10 seconds....)
(2012-06-09, 17:35)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 16:43)Kiranos Wrote: I think I found a bug, I just added a test archive with 600+ movies and let xbmc scan through these (files 100+ MB) and now when I have all these new entries in my database XBMC remote looses the connection between the XBMC 11.0 eden and the remote. It starts by saying xbmc 11.0 in the lower right corner, I press Movies and it goes to no connection. I dont see anything in XBMC's logs about it.

(@amcfarla too) I think you are exceeding the 30 seconds timeout. Next release (not the one just in review) will have 240 seconds of timeout for this unusually slow responses (mysql slow queries? here 600 movies are loaded in less than 10 seconds....)

Cool, that probably should help me. I have noticed that was the one downfall with going to mysql database model, it seemed much slower accessing libraries. But the big positive, having to scan nearly 60,000 mp3 tracks, 1400 movies, and more than 2000 TV show episodes...for four XBMC machines, I can take a little longer delay bringing up the library.

I will definitely be a test dummy once it gets into the app store, and see if that 240 second timeout solves my problems. Definitely appreciate a developer who is interested in listening to the the people using their app and making it better. Thanks joethefox.
First I want to say great app!! The best iOS app available for XBMC.

If I may make a few suggestions these are improvements of already a great app in my eyes:
  • FF and FFW are missing. Only skip (or do I miss something?);
  • The progress bar of the movie, make it able to use it for skipping;
  • When browsing the music list in folder mode, unable to add it to the Que list, when selecting it starts playing
  • Direct button to powerdown the computer (hibranate, reboot etc..)
  • When in pause the pause button should change to play to continue.
Keep up the good work!
(2012-06-09, 17:35)joethefox Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, might be that my XBMC is on a wireless N connection, "mysql slow queries?" I use Win7 and default installation, think it is a sqlite db-file?

Another requiest that might already be in your list? Smile

1. Add filters to movies. That is thriller/action/romance etc so it filters out these movies.
2. Add an icon for bluray vs SD movies so I know which source.

Thanks for a great app otherwise, very nice layout and a few issues fixed this will be truly great! Big Grin

(2012-06-09, 17:39)amcfarla Wrote: I will definitely be a test dummy once it gets into the app store, and see if that 240 second timeout solves my problems. Definitely appreciate a developer who is interested in listening to the the people using their app and making it better. Thanks joethefox.
Love
try to see if these tips can help to speed up mysql http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...-up_tweaks
(2012-06-09, 17:52)johan.smits Wrote: First I want to say great app!! The best iOS app available for XBMC.
Thank you!
Quote:If I may make a few suggestions these are improvements of already a great app in my eyes:
  • FF and FFW are missing. Only skip (or do I miss something?);
Already in my TODO list
Quote:
  • The progress bar of the movie, make it able to use it for skipping;
Already in my TODO list
Quote:
  • When browsing the music list in folder mode, unable to add it to the Que list, when selecting it starts playing
Try to long press the row....
Quote:
  • Direct button to powerdown the computer (hibranate, reboot etc..)
Already in my TODO list
Quote:
  • When in pause the pause button should change to play to continue.
Keep up the good work!
is what it should do, wrongly doesn't change the graphics (I have already corrected in the next release)

(2012-06-09, 17:58)Kiranos Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, might be that my XBMC is on a wireless N connection, "mysql slow queries?" I use Win7 and default installation, think it is a sqlite db-file?
Yes, it's sqlite db-file (I confused with amcfarla)
Quote:Another requiest that might already be in your list? Smile
Laugh
Quote:1. Add filters to movies. That is thriller/action/romance etc so it filters out these movies.
Yes I like it, what I would to do is adding a "Genre" bottom button. I'm looking if the API can support me in this task.
Quote:2. Add an icon for bluray vs SD movies so I know which source.
I will look into the feasibility
Quote:Thanks for a great app otherwise, very nice layout and a few issues fixed this will be truly great! Big Grin

Thank you!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8