No menu sounds
I have nearly completed my xbmc eden install but can't seem to get menu sounds to work. I edited the .asoundrc file to what it was during dharma but that didn't seem to work. Any ideas? I figured this has been answered but I couldn't find a link.
my menu sounds used to work beautifully until xbmc hung up and i could only reboot my system. After that, I haven't heard a peep from the menu...
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
We need to know what hardware you're using and what the output of aplay -l (lowercase L) is before helping you out. Do you have an /etc/asound.conf file? What are your audio output devices set to in XBMC?
When I enter
Code:
aplay -l

This is the output of aplay -l:
Code:
root@ted-Aspire-R1600:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0:  NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

no /etc/asound.conf file present
audio output is HDMI, Audio output device is set to hdmi (ALSA) and passthrough output device is set to HDA NVidia-hdmi-3 (ALSA)

I have sound for all the files I've done so far, some didnt (mvk, etc.) but then I clicked output on all speakers and they came up.

Using an Aspire Revo 1600, running Eden
I have the same problem I am also running a Revo 1600 with eden. Passthrough audio(AC3 etc...) works great, Movies encoded with mp3 audio will play fine, but I can't for the life of me make menu sounds work.

In my case there is no .asoundrc file present.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
Try this, create an /etc/asound.conf file with the following:
Code:
pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm "hw:0,3"
       rate 48000
   }
}

Then in the audio output and passthrough device settings check "Custom" and for the device enter plughw:0,3 (remember, it's case-sensitive). That should get everything working, if not post back.
how do i create a .conf file?
Hello, I have same problem but i don't have any sound on anything in xbmc... I don't know what happened but i have sound in my windows applications

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank YOu...
(2012-04-05, 01:33)Uuaww Wrote: how do i create a .conf file?
nevermind i figured it out, and it worked. Thanks!!!!
Way back when I switched to XBMC I had the same problem. I'd gotten rid of PulseAudio and I'd created a .asoundrc file and had audio (including AC3 and DTS) over HDMI working, But I couldn't get menu sounds no matter what. Finally a caught of mention of a library I didn't have installed: libsdl1.2debian-alsa. Installing that library fixed it.
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
(2012-04-05, 02:09)Uuaww Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 01:33)Uuaww Wrote: how do i create a .conf file?
nevermind i figured it out, and it worked. Thanks!!!!
Glad to hear it worked for you. Enjoy the beauty that is XBMC.
spoke too soon, I've been having major problems with some files not playing, others only playing if i change settings, menu sounds going away after a movie and xbmc crashing.

Here is my latest crash log: http://pastebin.com/rgEUSZLU
thanks a lot, after I installed libsdl1.2debian-alsa i got the menu sounds back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No menu sounds1