Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-05-15, 18:51)P-I H Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 17:14)wingrunr21 Wrote: Looks like something with ALSA. Does this file play without issue via something like mplayer?

I have not used Mplayer that much.
When I used the graphical interface it played OK, but I think it used Pulseaudio and the reciever signalled Multi Channel PCM.

When I changed settings in XBMC and set the reciever to not handle DTS HD, XBMC played the file OK and the reciever signalled DTS. I suppose this is as expected.

It is a standard Ubuntu 12.04 installation.
XBMC is also straight forward, git clone, fixed dependencies, ./bootstrap, ./configure, ./make j2, sudo make install.

Yes, when you turn off DTS HD passthrough ffmpeg will decode the audio. You need to set mplayer to use the same ALSA device XBMC is using, not go through pulse. I would assume there's an entry in the preferences in the mplayer GUI for that. Otherwise, you'll have to use the command line.

(2012-05-15, 18:55)drivesoslow Wrote: Because either fglrx or ALSA is not handling my ELD correctly I cannot choose any audio device. Will there be an option to manually set the device to be used like there was before the merge?

http://forum.xbmc.org/member.php?action=...&uid=35001

Can you post a log? I think you accidentally posted the wrong link.
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by wingrunr21 - 2012-05-15, 18:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4