• 17(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
@Aenima99x - mono is supposed to be upmixed to stereo, code is there, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet (that and I have to create something with a mono track to test with), but I will try look at it soon.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-26, 08:37)DDDamian Wrote: @Aenima99x - mono is supposed to be upmixed to stereo, code is there, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet (that and I have to create something with a mono track to test with), but I will try look at it soon.

Cool thanks.....just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. If you need one of the videos I have, let me know.
I have a trac ticket opened for this already.
(2012-05-26, 17:24)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 08:37)DDDamian Wrote: @Aenima99x - mono is supposed to be upmixed to stereo, code is there, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet (that and I have to create something with a mono track to test with), but I will try look at it soon.

Cool thanks.....just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. If you need one of the videos I have, let me know.

Can you upload a snippet of a problem file and put the link on the ticket?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-26, 17:38)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 17:24)Aenima99x Wrote:

Done. Thanks!
(2012-05-25, 22:57)tseller Wrote: ...

But... When i try to play a m2ts-File with TrueHD or DTS-HD audio, i only get noise on all speakers. The AVR shows that he is playing 7.1 PCM. Normal DTS files are working fine, AC3 too. If i disable DTS-HD support, the core DTS stream plays also fine.

Yes, this is exactly the same problem I have.
I notice you also have the Intel i3.

I suspect it is caused by the Intel alsa-driver.
It is not the hardware, as everything works on Win7.

I have installed a set-up to do full debug and development on the xbmc source, for the purpose of solving this issue, but I have not got started on this yet, I will also use very long time because I do not know the xbmc source.
In the meantime, hopefully somebody will fix it or find a workaround.
(2012-05-26, 19:38)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 17:38)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 17:24)Aenima99x Wrote: Cool thanks.....just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. If you need one of the videos I have, let me know.

Done. Thanks!

I tried the sample file and it plays okay here - some glitches in the file encoding itself, visible in VLC too, but otherwise watchable. Turns out I did have a mono file here too, and it plays fine. I confirmed that AE is correctly upmixing the mono to stereo correctly.

I had a look thru your previous log, where you played an Abbott & Costello flick - one thing I noted was it was upconverting or transcoding to AC3. As a test, can you disable "Receiver supports AC3" in the Audio Output settings of XBMC and try again? Just want to see if that trancoding to AC3 is an issue.
I tried a pre-12 ppa on Linux and it kept failing due to a pulse error, so I decided to compile my own build this afternoon. The compilation went surprisingly well, and I now have AE capabilities, but I don't know where to put the binary. xbmc.bin was created in $HOME/xbmc, but if I copy it it over to /usr/bin, xbmc doesn't start. What's the next step I should take?

Also, I have a working install of XBMCBuntu on my main HTPC, is there a way to compile a new build and integrate the new compilation into my XBMCBuntu install?
(2012-05-27, 01:01)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 19:38)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 17:38)DDDamian Wrote: Can you upload a snippet of a problem file and put the link on the ticket?

Done. Thanks!

I tried the sample file and it plays okay here - some glitches in the file encoding itself, visible in VLC too, but otherwise watchable. Turns out I did have a mono file here too, and it plays fine. I confirmed that AE is correctly upmixing the mono to stereo correctly.

I had a look thru your previous log, where you played an Abbott & Costello flick - one thing I noted was it was upconverting or transcoding to AC3. As a test, can you disable "Receiver supports AC3" in the Audio Output settings of XBMC and try again? Just want to see if that trancoding to AC3 is an issue.

Gave that a shot and it fixed the issue....
(2012-05-27, 04:09)pumkinut Wrote: I tried a pre-12 ppa on Linux and it kept failing due to a pulse error, so I decided to compile my own build this afternoon. The compilation went surprisingly well, and I now have AE capabilities, but I don't know where to put the binary. xbmc.bin was created in $HOME/xbmc, but if I copy it it over to /usr/bin, xbmc doesn't start. What's the next step I should take?

Also, I have a working install of XBMCBuntu on my main HTPC, is there a way to compile a new build and integrate the new compilation into my XBMCBuntu install?

Sudo make install in the directory where you kicked off the configure and make to build it should install it properly for you. not sure how best to move this to an XBMCbuntu machine though sorry. Could just copy over the source\data directory and then make install perhaps?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Wasn't sure where to post this, but i found out only because i want bitstreaming under linux and i've been keeping an eye on this thread, as well as no one else seems to have mentioned it.

The playback for Bluray ISO's is currently broken over a samba share, all it does is hang on buffering/waiting untill xbmc crashes when you try to press stop. This doesn't happen for the same file on the local disk or while using windows+xbmc, playback is fine and bitstreaming is wonderful. If anyone would like a debug log, just let me know.

Thank you guys for the hard work, its been a long time and i almost finally have bitstreaming, linux, xbmc, airplay, all rolled into one!

BTW: for those that are interested, i installed the 12.04 xbmcbuntu release from xbmcfreak, 'apt-get install build-deps xbmc' and compiled git following instructions from the readme and xbmcbuntu works wonderfully here other then the previous mentioned problem.

I do not think this is an XBMC issue. As far as XBMC is concerned, the Samba share should be just another directory. Does the ISO play fine via Samba outside of XBMC?
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE
(2012-05-29, 16:37)joel_ezekiel Wrote: Wasn't sure where to post this, but i found out only because i want bitstreaming under linux and i've been keeping an eye on this thread, as well as no one else seems to have mentioned it.

The playback for Bluray ISO's is currently broken over a samba share, all it does is hang on buffering/waiting untill xbmc crashes when you try to press stop. This doesn't happen for the same file on the local disk or while using windows+xbmc, playback is fine and bitstreaming is wonderful. If anyone would like a debug log, just let me know.

Thank you guys for the hard work, its been a long time and i almost finally have bitstreaming, linux, xbmc, airplay, all rolled into one!

BTW: for those that are interested, i installed the 12.04 xbmcbuntu release from xbmcfreak, 'apt-get install build-deps xbmc' and compiled git following instructions from the readme and xbmcbuntu works wonderfully here other then the previous mentioned problem.

having the exact same issue. While showing 'buffering please wait', i can still navigate the xbmc menu, but as soon as i hit 'stop' it makes xbmc crash and I have to reboot. My Zotac ID41 bitstreams just fine, connected to the same share, same isos.

Both of you need to post full Debug logs as well as verify that your Samba setup isn't the cause instead of XBMC. You can do this by attempting to play the file externally (ie via mplayer or similar).
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE
I dont think the samba setup is the cause as I have two other xbmx boxes that play the files correctly. One of those boxes is a Zotac ID41 and it even bitstreams the isos properly. Will post logs later this week when i get back. Thank you.
(2012-05-16, 20:35)drivesoslow Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 20:29)alanwww1 Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 19:38)drivesoslow Wrote: Would overriding the EDID for Xorg with a manual dump have any effect on ALSA ELD or does ALSA parse thsi data directly from the card?

http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=415#c2

I think it is not the problem of getting the correct EDID data. I belive it is the problem of the driver to PARSE the EDID data. Specially the ELD info part.

So then what will be the workaround for these kind of scenarios? Will we be able to manually specify a output device in XBMC like we could in the past?

Thanks

Just wanted to give an update. I compiled from GIT this weekend with pulseaudio enabled and sound is working great and detecting the right card no problem once I added start-pulseaudio-x11 to my .xsession. Still no luck with alas only do to the ELD issue.

Thanks
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4